Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for training/teammates for GoRuck Tough in March 2019

• 10-06-2018 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23 oldtech

I am aimimg to do the GoRuck Tough challange in Marh 2019. Anyone interested in joining me for training or possible the race itself?
    Be warned, I am starting from a low fitness base and have 10 months of crossfit traing to get through.
    I am based in the South East. Anyone have any questions let me know. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 oldtech

And if this is the wrong forum/site for this can someone point me in the right direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Probably easier to find more like minded people in your cross fit gym. Checked out the site looks quite challenging but the military slant on it could be offputting to some people.

Cheers for the response. Dont get the military slant thing, Its a team within a team challange. And the group leaders are ex special forces leaders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭runrun2

oldtech wrote: »
    Cheers for the response. Dont get the military slant thing, Its a team within a team challange. And the group leaders are ex special forces leaders.

Hiking Ireland on FB might be a place to advertise as well as the Triathlon page on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

The required equipment includes an American flag
    They don't make eyeroll emojis big enough for this

• Advertisement

RayCun wrote: »

Arra FFS!

Saw another one recently, another Warrior/Spartan/Tough Mudder thingy that had spear throwing!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

The required equipmeorganisers).nt includes an American flag

Plus the sheer amount of equipment full stop (all of which can be conveniently purchased, at a nice premium, from the nice folks at GoRuck). The commodification of blind patriotism. :rolleyes:

One flag is required for the whole event. Not per person. One American falg alongside one Tricolour. Your cadre will be either ex or current special forces. They are passing on their experience...so their rules.

Murph_D wrote: »
    Plus the sheer amount of equipment full stop (all of which can be conveniently purchased, at a nice premium, from the nice folks at GoRuck). The commodification of blind patriotism. :rolleyes:
    What sheer amount of equipment? Go again. If you dont have a GoRuck bag...they supply you one for free. Whats your problem.

Starting to seriosly regret posting on this site. I am looking for a training partner. Not begrudgery.

• Advertisement

runrun2 wrote: »
    Hiking Ireland on FB might be a place to advertise as well as the Triathlon page on boards.

Thanks for the response and information. I will check that out.

Arra FFS!

Saw another one recently, another Warrior/Spartan/Tough Mudder thingy that had spear throwing!

If I have posted in the wrong forum, please advise. Sorry if I am looking for help training for a Warrior/Spartan/Tough Mudder thingy. I didnt realise this was a private forum.

If I have posted in the wrong forum, please advise. Sorry if I am looking for help training for a Warrior/Spartan/Tough Mudder thingy. I didnt realise this was a private forum.

It's not private at all.

But don't be so sensitive...after all pretty soon you will be dragging "casualties" under "gunfire" behind an American flag, according to the article you yourself linked.

It's just that no event is above mild criticism, heck you'll even see the World Championships criticised. See the threads about some of the online running challenges, fitbit medals etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

fitness thread is a good place for this i would say

It's not private at all.

But don't be so sensitive...after all pretty soon you will be dragging "casualties" under "gunfire" behind an American flag, according to the article you yourself linked.

It's just that no event is above mild criticism, heck you'll even see the World Championships criticised. See the threads about some of the online running challenges, fitbit medals etc.

Is there really a need to irritate this person even more?
    It doesnt actually make you look funny or smart
    Its also something that he enjoys doing so respect it

Look around you. People here criticise races and events. Your "someone likes it, thus it is above criticism" point is nonsense.

He may love saving mock lives under mock gunfire for Uncle Sam. You may too. That is your prerogative. But you have no right whatsoever to demand that no one roll their eyes on a forum about athletics.

Look around you. People here criticise races and events. Your "someone likes it, thus it is above criticism" point is nonsense.

He may love saving mock lives under mock gunfire for Uncle Sam. You may too. That is your prerogative. But you have no right whatsoever to demand that no one roll their eyes on a forum about athletics.

Seriously will you grow up. If you met that lad in the Phoenix park and he asked you a question would you respond like that?

This is a public forum that is dwindling and you'll have new joiners who want to see what its about and they read this kind of response.

The man hasnt got a partner to train with and he obviously doesnt know where to find one so he comes here and hes greeted with smart arse remarks about a sport which includes athletics that hes chosen to do.

Now that does deserve an eye roll :rolleyes:

This is a public forum that is dwindling and you'll have new joiners who want to see what its about and they read this kind of response.

And you joined just how many days ago?

Posts that criticise events are allowed. If you have an issue with that, take it up with the mods.

And don't presume what I might say, I have said nothing here I haven't said directly to people before. I have been asked how to train for Tough Mudder and I simply said I didn't know as I don't do the gimmick stuff. That's just my take on those spear throwing/electric shock/jumping barbed wire/dragging casualties events. You are entitled to take them seriously, you can't demand that others do.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Posts that criticise events are allowed. If you have an issue with that, take it up with the mods.

And don't presume what I might say, I have said nothing here I haven't said directly to people before. I have been asked how to train for Tough Mudder and I simply said I didn't know as I don't do the gimmick stuff. That's just my take on those spear throwing/electric shock/jumping barbed wire/dragging casualties events. You are entitled to take them seriously, you can't demand that others do.

Just tell them the truth Conor. Cop themselves on pissing money away on bull****e theatrical nonsense and head south and you'll show them a proper challenge.

• Advertisement

Anyhooo....post title was very specific. Looking for training partners. So yeah.....guess I am saying roling eyes is a personal response.....posting you opinion is pretty specific. You dont like the event ...cool. Why post here?

IvoryTower wrote: »
    fitness thread is a good place for this i would say
    Thanks. Will do.

Thanks for thje support brother.

Actually he does. Post is cleary labelled as looking for training partners. You have an opinion on the event...start your own thread.

Seriously will you grow up. If you met that lad in the Phoenix park and he asked you a question would you respond like that?

The man hasnt got a partner to train with and he obviously doesnt know where to find one so he comes here and hes greeted with smart arse remarks about a sport which includes athletics that hes chosen to do.

Now that does deserve an eye roll :rolleyes:

Thanks dude. Wasnt expecting this level of hostility to be honest.

Ahhh....I dont recall anyone asking your opinion on anything...nevermind those spear throwing/electric shock/jumping barbed wire/dragging casualties events.

I am not demanding anything.

Just looking for like minded people looking for a challange thats different.

jamule wrote: »
    Just tell them the truth Conor. Cop themselves on pissing money away on bull****e theatrical nonsense and head south and you'll show them a proper challenge.

Cool. So there is a proper and an improper challenge then? I am fascinated? WTF is a proper challenge? And is it not up to the individual to decide for themselves? Or should we all be sheep like you?

Advertisement