Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing an AEG from UN Company [Hong Kong]

Options
  • 14-06-2018 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hello All,

I was searching through the airsoft forum in regards to UN Company, but the only threads that I could find were almost 10~12 years ago, so I just wanted to start a new thread to get more up-to-date information.

Spotted an AEG on UN Company that I may be interested in. However, I've never ordered from them before and just wanted to see if anyone else had any experience with them, in terms of shipping, importing, purchasing with PayPal, Customs, etc...

I'm aware of the one joule limit and have e-mailed UN Company to inform them about this, and there able to downgrade it for a fee. Would doing this also make the RIF / AEG legal to import without minimal hassle?

Thanks for any feedback

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Best bet is ask a local retailer to order the device for you. That way it is 1J compliant, if ordering from UN company expect to pay the usual shipping. delivery and VAT at 23%

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭MichaelDevers

andy_g wrote: »
    Best bet is ask a local retailer to order the device for you. That way it is 1J compliant, if ordering from UN company expect to pay the usual shipping. delivery and VAT at 23%

I've tried that before with AirsoftEire and Hobby Airsoft when there was something that I was going to import from Evike. They only seem to deal with distributors that they have connections with within the UK / EU, unless either retailer does distribution with UN Company?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

I've tried that before with AirsoftEire and Hobby Airsoft when there was something that I was going to import from Evike. They only seem to deal with distributors that they have connections with within the UK / EU, unless either retailer does distribution with UN Company?

Try emailing the shops here in ireland and see what they say. No harm in trying

Advertisement