Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PowaKaddy or Motocaddy

• 23-05-2018 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads
    Having to finally invest in a new electric trolley
    Have narrowed it down to 2.

Have heard various pros and cons of both brands

Any recommendations on the better brand?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

Dbu wrote: »
    Hi Lads
    Having to finally invest in a new electric trolley
    Have narrowed it down to 2.

Have heard various pros and cons of both brands

Any recommendations on the better brand?

Thanks in advance

Golf glider. Better than both

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

golfguy1 wrote: »
    Golf glider. Better than both

Thanks, but golfglider does not fold up sufficiently to fit in my 'allocated';) cupboard at home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

I have a powakaddy C2 Compact. Space was my issue more so in the boot.Its is great so far, I have had it for 1 year approx with no issues

kieran. wrote: »
    I have a powakaddy C2 Compact. Space was my issue more so in the boot.Its is great so far, I have had it for 1 year approx with no issues

Yep thats one of the ones Im looking at, €629 with 18 hole lithium so steep enough. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Purchased a powakaddy fw3s around a month ago. It's their base model but so far it's been brilliant. Folds up reasonably well ( actually folds up smaller than my previous twinline push trolley) and the lithium 18 hole battery seems to still have around two bar's of power left when I'm finished my round. Absolutely no complaints so far and their warranty seems to be pretty good too. My two cents......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

kieran. wrote: »

Same...great trolley and the 18 battery is good for 36 holes. Fits great in the boot, as well as it's allocated shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Yep thats one of the ones Im looking at, €629 with 18 hole lithium so steep enough. Thanks
    Got mind of my from my local pro for 579 last year

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

I Have the Motocaddy M3. Great trolley and folds up small enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

I have PowaKaddy fw5 with the extended lithium.
    Allows for usb charging (would have got the fw3 model but it didn't do this) and I keep a basic gps watch permanently plugged in. So I'm never without distances, and can't forget the watch or have it run flat on me. If I do a multiday trip, I could also charge my phone on it.

Expensive though.

Bought the Powacaddy C2I in American golf

25% off trolleys so came in at €465..everywhere else €629

Dont know how the others compete with them, especially in Cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

rented a powakaddy last friday in tralee. i think it was the fw5 with gps. found it to be fantastic but would imagine you would pay a pretty penny for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Corkey123

As an alternative I have had one of these for the past 5 years.

Have a look http://www.gokart.ie/shop/gokart-trolleys.html

• Registered Users Posts: 27,776 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did you buy the PowaKaddy C2i after? It's 10% off in American Golf until Sunday so I'm going to pick one up.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Did you buy the PowaKaddy C2i after? It's 10% off in American Golf until Sunday so I'm going to pick one up.

Yes but got 25% off in AG in Cork, really good trolley so far..

see below

Dont know how the others compete with them, especially in Cork,so I would give them a call and check do the still do the 25%

Yes but got 25% off in AG in Cork, really good trolley so far..

see below

Dont know how the others compete with them, especially in Cork

Is the 25% off offer still on in American Golf in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Had a powakaddy for years and it was grand, very sturdy. But couldn't get a good replacement battery for it. Every single one I tried original or aftermarket was fecked after a year. To be fair that was before lithium was the must have.
    Got a basic motocaddy S1 digital with the lithium battery now. Very sturdy and clearly a better fold design than my old powakaddy but I guess the new powakaddy would be similarly improved. Battery holds easily for 27 holes probably more.
    I'd say there is very little between them. What swung it for me towards the motocaddy was the OH had one so I knew it was fine and I got the S1 from American golf with a good discount, was well under 500.

Edit: As it happens Americangolf have a 'fathers day' 10% off all motor trolleys at the moment. That would bring the S1 w lithium to just under 500.

I would call them, they are AG direct, so not a franchise and do unreal deals to be fair. I didnt ask for 25% off, they just offered it

I would call them, they are AG direct, so not a franchise and do unreal deals to be fair. I didnt ask for 25% off, they just offered it

Cheers for that. It'd be nearly worth the drive down from Wexford for that discount.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

If you can't get to AG, Pro-Golf in Athlone have a deal on Powacaddy's at the moment. Father's day sale on this weekend.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    If you can't get to AG, Pro-Golf in Athlone have a deal on Powacaddy's at the moment. Father's day sale on this weekend.

Cheers for that. Do you know what discount it is? I can't see it on Facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Cheers for that. Do you know what discount it is? I can't see it on Facebook.

its 10% but if you have a chat to the owner he will always do you a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭quagmire47

Yes the offer is still on. I bought an electric trolley from the store in Cork last week. The trolley was discounted by 25%. I had to buy in store for the best value.

The website have the trolleys discounted by around 10%. In store they took the full price (MRRP on the site) and then reduced it by 25% giving you an extra 15% on top of what the website offered.

https://www.americangolf.eu/gps-bags-equipment/electric-trolleys?srule=priceasc

quagmire47 wrote: »
    Yes the offer is still on. I bought an electric trolley from the store in Cork last week. The trolley was discounted by 25%. I had to buy in store for the best value.

The website have the trolleys discounted by around 10%. In store they took the full price (MRRP on the site) and then reduced it by 25% giving you an extra 15% on top of what the website offered.

https://www.americangolf.eu/gps-bags-equipment/electric-trolleys?srule=priceasc

I was looking at the website but the RRPS seem very high. AG have the PowaKaddy C2i marked as €779 and on sale at €557.10. A 28.5% reduction.

The C2i seems to be €629 everywhere else though so the RRP is way off.

I was looking at the website but the RRPS seem very high. AG have the PowaKaddy C2i marked as €779 and on sale at €557.10. A 28.5% reduction.

The C2i seems to be €629 everywhere else though so the RRP is way off.

€629 was marked on the box in AG Cork, after discount €465.

€629 was marked on the box in AG Cork, after discount €465.

Great thanks. They might have the RRP priced wrong on the website. Was meant to be going to Dublin this weekend so may see can I make it to AG up there and if not try order over the phone from the Cork store.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭gamer1234

Great thanks. They might have the RRP priced wrong on the website. Was meant to be going to Dublin this weekend so may see can I make it to AG up there and if not try order over the phone from the Cork store.

They won’t take an order over the phone I tried today,you have to go into the store. Great price tho so well worth the trip if your close to it

gamer1234 wrote: »
    They won’t take an order over the phone I tried today,you have to go into the store. Great price tho so well worth the trip if your close to it

Cheers for that. Just over two hours away so might see if I can get down tomorrow as I'm meant to be in Dublin :(

I wonder do any of the other AG stores have the same offer? I could pop into one of the Dublin stores that way!

Edit: did they give you a price over the phone or did they tell you you had to call into the shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

Cheers for that. Just over two hours away so might see if I can get down tomorrow as I'm meant to be in Dublin :(

I wonder do any of the other AG stores have the same offer? I could pop into one of the Dublin stores that way!

Edit: did they give you a price over the phone or did they tell you you had to call into the shop?

Only the cork store doing the 25% OFF. Just a word of warning AG may not be around for too much longer so make sure warranty will be covered if they leave/collapse

golfguy1 wrote: »
    Only the cork store doing the 25% OFF. Just a word of warning AG may not be around for too much longer so make sure warranty will be covered if they leave/collapse

Really?? Please explain

As for the warranty, its done online with Powakaddy website

• Advertisement

Ended up getting McGuirks to price match the €557 price from AG website. The two hour + trip to Cork didn't appeal to me this morning so went with the lazy option :pac:

Advertisement