Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on UK / NI milsims

• 13-06-2018 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hi all popped back on after a very long absence.
    I am looking for advice on UK milsims. Myself and my team are thinking about attending a weekend milsim outside of Ireland. We have 14 members all over 18 some are up for complete hard routine some not so much. I don't think many will be up for buying specific gear ( bdu'S) just for one event. They are honest players and up for following tasks not lone wolfing.
    Anyone on here go to any UK events that might suit us or know of anything about them . Any advice or recommendations are welcome.
    Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭Salaas

Depends on what your looking for tbh, if your looking to ease in but get alot of shooting time then Brit-tac hold milsims at Sennybridge so not a long drive from the ferry.
    For more immersive milsims Legion airsoft, Stirling, Okto8 are good options, there is the AI500 but thats a Battlesim writ large.
    I would advise though to go to Milsims at Bellurgan Park first as you'll get a good idea of what you'd need for the UK with the advantage of still being close to home and not dropping close to 300 quid.

When you are going to the UK, here's some bits of advise to make the trip easier.
    1. Keep one airsoft gun bag at the top in each car boot, have the bottle of bbs and magazines easily accessible. This is for if UK Customs stops you as you can show them the RIFs without pulling everything else out of the car.

2. Look up Truck stop showers along your route. This is a godsend when your tired, dirty and heading back after a game. Also the smell.......

3. Look up the nearest Tesco or ASDA to the site, grab your water and stuff near the site instead of wasting petrol hauling it over.

4. Get a letter from the event organiser stating you are travelling from Ireland to attend their airsoft event, handy if customs gives you hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Hi Salsas ,
    Brilliant advice some things in there I wouldn't have thought of but make alot of sense. I agree on doing everything you can this side of the water to cut down on hassle the other side. I'd looked a bit into Brit-tac and Sterling but not the others will check em out. Myself and the lads have done about 5 milsims at Bellurgan Rio's, Chandeka's and khatanga's so we know what we're doing with milsim don't think the lads would do hard core battle sim though.

Advertisement