Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donore Harrier training times

Options
  • 13-06-2018 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,
    Looking to see if there are any Donore Harrier members on here who can fill me in on training times. 
    I've looked up previous posts about this and there does seem to be confusion. I read previously that the men train on Wednesdays but then a post on here said the men train Tuesdays and Thursdays and provided this link http://www.donoreharriers.com/senior/
    I called down yesterday to the track at 6.30 and met a very nice senior member but he couldnt tell me anything about mens training. He did give me a tour of the facilities and tell me about the club which was very nice. Then another man said that mens training is on Wednesday and is normally in the park but they leave from the club house around 6. Can anyone validate this? Seems like an early time for training to start. 
    What I'm hoping to find out is when is mens on track interval training. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Are you looking to run track? Or use the track for interval training?

The senior distance athletes don't use the track much at this time of year. I'm not around the club at all any more so can't really help on men's training times but I'm 99% sure they still mostly train Monday's and Wednesday's. That was a change from Tuesday and Thursday when they used to train.
    You can of course train with the women either who train Tuesday and Thursday there are already some men in that group. Tuesday is intervals, usually starting at the club and run over to the polo grounds at this time of year or when the nights are darker alternating weekly between the track and Chapelizod Road starting 7/7:15.
    The people who train specifically for track, I've no idea what time they train at.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 pippy527

Thanks RacoonQueen,
    Not looking to run track, more do interval training on the track with a group. 
    I had been training in the park but found interval training quite annoying as I was going over on my ankle on uneven ground hence why im looking for the track.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

Hi Pippy;

Donore Member here; the men's squad train on Wednesday and Saturdays with a good gang out for longer runs on Sunday mornings.

Wednesday training is at 1830 from the club with the session starting around 1900 depending where we are on the training cycle we tend to do longer stuff (LT runs etc) in the Phoenix Park and shorter reps on the track.

Saturday training is meet at the club for 0930 with a 1000 start for the session usually in the summer we are on the Polo Grounds.

There is a mixed group that train on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Drop me a PM if you have any questions. I will be down at the club around 1830 this evening if that suits.....for some nice 1500m reps!

C
    pippy527 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Looking to see if there are any Donore Harrier members on here who can fill me in on training times. 
    I've looked up previous posts about this and there does seem to be confusion. I read previously that the men train on Wednesdays but then a post on here said the men train Tuesdays and Thursdays and provided this link http://www.donoreharriers.com/senior/
    I called down yesterday to the track at 6.30 and met a very nice senior member but he couldnt tell me anything about mens training. He did give me a tour of the facilities and tell me about the club which was very nice. Then another man said that mens training is on Wednesday and is normally in the park but they leave from the club house around 6. Can anyone validate this? Seems like an early time for training to start. 
    What I'm hoping to find out is when is mens on track interval training. Thanks for any information you can provide.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 pippy527

That's great, thanks for the info. Won't make it down this evening but will aim for next week. thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

No problem if you have any questions just drop me a PM.

pippy527 wrote: »
    That's great, thanks for the info. Won't make it down this evening but will aim for next week. thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement