Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dedicated BIM forum

Options
  • 07-01-2017 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

I have put in a request for a dedicated BIM forum if anyone would here would be interested in voting for it.
    I Really think it would be great have a forum for Bim alone for releated questions and queries etc.

Whats your thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Med101007

phenom wrote: »
    I have put in a request for a dedicated BIM forum if anyone would here would be interested in voting for it.
    I Really think it would be great have a forum for Bim alone for releated questions and queries etc.

Whats your thoughts?

Brilliant idea phenom. BIM is the future of construction so I thoroughly agree that it needs its own forum. I vote for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

Absolutley. Here is the link for the thread to vote for it.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057690097/1/#post102183855

Absolutley. Here is the link for the thread to vote for it.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057690097/1/#post102183855

Apologies for my ignorance phenom but how do i vote for the BIM forum in the attached link... Im disappointed to see no one else has got involved in your forum idea yet.

Med101007 wrote: »
    Apologies for my ignorance phenom but how do i vote for the BIM forum in the attached link... Im disappointed to see no one else has got involved in your forum idea yet.

No problem at all. just post +1 and it should be fine.

I feel the exact same. I taught more people would have an interest in this as there is going to be alot of questions and threads shortly about BIM

• Registered Users Posts: 27 lineker

Hey thought I'd chip in with my two cents,

Qualified civil eng ordinary level, due to circumstances didn't get experience, seen on springboard site last year that they were doing a higher level diploma in Architectural BIM.

Got accepted into the course every second weekend in Griffith college, good course covers broad range of BIM stuff from beginning right up to scheduling etc

Very good course to do, also included in it was photoshop and illustrator.
    I really done the course to get a higher qualification but could easily walk in as a BIM technician now if I wanted to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

No problem at all. just post +1 and it should be fine.

I feel the exact same. I taught more people would have an interest in this as there is going to be alot of questions and threads shortly about BIM

We're still a good bit behind the curve in BIM over here I think, but no doubt it is the future. I'm becoming increasingly involved in BIM in the civil engineering, rail and land survey sectors in the UK and it is certainly the direction everything is moving in.

smacl wrote: »
    We're still a good bit behind the curve in BIM over here I think, but no doubt it is the future. I'm becoming increasingly involved in BIM in the civil engineering, rail and land survey sectors in the UK and it is certainly the direction everything is moving in.

I completely agree, It is certainly for the future here in Ireland but a lot of the larger companies have implemented BIM in the last year,
    It will be only a matter of time before we can implement a Level 2 BIM structure here in Ireland,

Hi everyone.

I was really disappointed when this forum didnt get going. There was a lot of interest but unfortunately not enough for the forum to start up.

Anyway I was wondering is there any other forums/websites around where people are discussing all things BIM? I know bimireland.ie are leading the way in terms of promoting BIM in this country but is there any other website around where people are discussing BIM, especially in terms of Ireland and its adoption of BIM.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Med101007 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

I was really disappointed when this forum didnt get going. There was a lot of interest but unfortunately not enough for the forum to start up.

Anyway I was wondering is there any other forums/websites around where people are discussing all things BIM? I know bimireland.ie are leading the way in terms of promoting BIM in this country but is there any other website around where people are discussing BIM, especially in terms of Ireland and its adoption of BIM.

Thanks.

Linkedin Groups are good

https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2433081

Advertisement