Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stockists for Ringwood Fourty Niners ale?

Options
  • 05-06-2018 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

My dad really enjoys Ringwood fourty niners ale and looking for stockists in Ireland for it is near impossible. Want to try and get some for father's day as he always says he is a 49er (born in 1949). rang the brewery in UK and they dont know and there was a wholesalers/bonders in Cork that had it but they are gone out of business.

anybody know where/how i could get my hands on a case or 2. In Leinster but can travel if needed. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,971 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

You are looking at the old reliables; Kirwan's or DrinkStore or Redmond's or Martin's or Sweeney's, if anywhere. Sadly, UK beers from smaller operations like Ringwood are becoming a lot harder and harder to find in Ireland so your chances here are low.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Sadly, UK beers from smaller operations like Ringwood are becoming a lot harder and harder to find in Ireland so your chances here are low.
    Ringwood is part of Marston's, the biggest ale brewer in the UK. Alltech distributes their Wychwood range, but I think that's it. I've never seen Fortyniner on sale in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kwinabeeste

BeerNut wrote: »
    Ringwood is part of Marston's, the biggest ale brewer in the UK. Alltech distributes their Wychwood range, but I think that's it. I've never seen Fortyniner on sale in Ireland.
    You are looking at the old reliables; Kirwan's or DrinkStore or Redmond's or Martin's or Sweeney's, if anywhere. Sadly, UK beers from smaller operations like Ringwood are becoming a lot harder and harder to find in Ireland so your chances here are low.

Thanks for the replies have sent a few mails and made a few calls. fingers crossed.

was on sale a few years ago in superquinn but haven't seen it in while either

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Haven't seen it up north at all either. We do get Old Thumper from Ringwood though so you never know...

Oh I know they are a Marston's brewery. I was more talking about how smaller breweries from the UK, even those owned by a larger set up, are getting harder to find in recent times.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I was more talking about how smaller breweries from the UK, even those owned by a larger set up, are getting harder to find in recent times.
    I'm not sure size has anything to do with it. It's the achingly fashionable UK breweries that seem to have taken over the import market like a noxious weed. If anything it's the bigger reliables that are getting harder to find; your Fullers, Wells & Young, Brains, JW Lees.

Who have we lost that you miss?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I used to quite enjoy a bottle of Brains and was only thinking last week that it has basically vanished

I'm not sure size has anything to do with it. It's the achingly fashionable UK breweries that seem to have taken over the import market like a noxious weed. If anything it's the bigger reliables that are getting harder to find; your Fullers, Wells & Young, Brains, JW Lees.

Who have we lost that you miss?

Some that come to mind which isn't as handily got as they were once were....

Thwaites; the Chalkie range; Robinson's beers and especially Old Tom; Timothy Taylor's Landlord; Bath Breweries; and some of Charles Well's brews are harder to find as you mention. Even Thornbridge isn't as plentiful as it once although we have lashings of Brewdog to make up for it all :pac:

Advertisement