Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Accommodation IT Carlow

• 24-05-2018 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, just wondering where the best places to live in carlow for college is as I changed my mind on the cao? Also is there a lot of demand? When do students start looking to accommodation? And can you attend open days during the summer? Thanks all help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Bolton121 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering where the best places to live in carlow for college is as I changed my mind on the cao? Also is there a lot of demand? When do students start looking to accommodation? And can you attend open days during the summer? Thanks all help appreciated.

Southern gardens, carraig abhainn, college green, River side. All are typical student accomadation. Personally i rented out in mount claire court in graiguecullen as it was cheaper but was a good step into the college.

Get looking asap if you are certain thats is where you are heading!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

As Gorgeousgeorge said, look towards those housing options as they have always been student options along with Green Road. Start looking asap, as once exams are over and everyone moves back home, the landlords/ladies will be getting enquiries about rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bolton121

entropi wrote: »
    As Gorgeousgeorge said, look towards those housing options as they have always been student options along with Green Road. Start looking asap, as once exams are over and everyone moves back home, the landlords/ladies will be getting enquiries about rooms.

Thank you but I'm hoping for a transfer from another college to carlow so I won't know until July 4th if I'll get in or not! Should I ring a few of the places mentioned above?

Sorry meant transferring college

Southern gardens, carraig abhainn, college green, River side. All are typical student accomadation. Personally i rented out in mount claire court in graiguecullen as it was cheaper but was a good step into the college.

Get looking asap if you are certain thats is where you are heading!

Thank you but I'm hoping for a transfer from another college to carlow so I won't know until July 4th if I'll get in or not! Should I ring a few of the places mentioned above?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

yeah you should its very hard to get good accommodation down in Carlow IMO, as said above i moved down in the October and ended up in the graigue

Advertisement