Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unexpected registered post - what is it???

Options
  • 31-05-2018 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I came home from work to a letter saying that I had missed the delivery of a registered letter. It was too late to collect it this evening so I have to wait until the morning before work to get it.

I'm seriously panicking, who would send me registered post? The letter was delivered to my house in Dublin and I've only been living here since october so a lot of my post still gets delivered home to Waterford.

The only things delivered here are my bank, who regularly send important letters and never by registered post; m car insurance, who also often send letters and documents by normal post; my revenue is registered here for work reasons too. Dublin City council have my address too for parking permits.

I'm on the register of electors at home and voted at home last week so it can't be jury duty. My car tax is still registered at home too so any speeding offences would go there and wouldn't be delivered to Dublin.

Is it a court summons?? Is there any way the gardai could have my address if I'm not registered up here?

I'm seriously racking my brain trying to think of any crimes I've committed accidentally in the last few months. Please someone put my mind at ease.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

Its definitely one of those mcdonalds discount voucher booklets

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Is it definitely registered? Tickboxes can be marked incorrectly at times.

Small packet from abroad with signed for is a possibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Could be for the previous tenant, if you're not long there. Why panic? I've never received a registered letter that was bad news or anything untoward.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

It's penalty points.

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Court date...you know what you did or you wouldn't be panicking over a fecking letter.

Jail for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭jsd1004

It will be great news...not

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Seanad elections ,thats the last time I got a registered letter and nearly freaked out.... oH wait... yes , there's no election ....I'm afraid you're fckued so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 panicking

Kuva wrote: »
    Court date...you know what you did or you wouldn't be panicking over a fecking letter.

Jail for you.

I'm thinking it could be a court summons for speeding but my car isn't registered up here and never received a letter saying I was caught speeding

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You have another thread on this elsewhere, please don't cross-post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement