Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

worried about dole being reduced

Options
  • 28-05-2018 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

so i got a letter the other day from the dole asking for my father's bank statement and a payslip he's already on social welfare and i'm only getting a reduced payment of 95 a week when the full amount is 107 for those under 24 , the balance on his bank statement was not past 20,000 but i'm not sure if that applies to someone under 24 , should i get the full amount or will be getting an even greater reduced payment quite worried about this i'm starting a 6 month course soon aswell

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

There’s apprenticeships for anyone that wants one now. Get your head down do four years and you can fall back on it anytime you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

thebest97 wrote: »
    so i got a letter the other day from the dole asking for my father's bank statement and a payslip he's already on social welfare and i'm only getting a reduced payment of 95 a week when the full amount is 107 for those under 24 , the balance on his bank statement was not past 20,000 but i'm not sure if that applies to someone under 24 , should i get the full amount or will be getting an even greater reduced payment quite worried about this i'm starting a 6 month course soon aswell

Is it just you and your dad there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,457 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Perhaps you need the State Benefits forum
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=861

• Registered Users Posts: 28 thebest97

ye i'm aware of that i'm thinking of doing one but there's a course with the etb i'd like to do that's starting in a few weeks that's full time and on for like 6 or 7 months i only finished up a 2 month full time course aswell a few weeks ago ... i'm just curious will i still be getting the same amount of money my dad said it's normal for them to look for bank statements , my dad's on the dole and my mother dosen't work , and there wasn't anywhere near 20,000 on the balance on my dad's bank account so don't know why my payment would be reduced but i am a bit worried

You’d get 200 odd euro on an apprenticeship for the first year then you get minimum wage the second year then it’s fairly good.
    You’d have to be prepared to work though. Not stay up all night on the x box and turning up when you feel like it.

• Advertisement

yes i know that i'm doing a 6 month course starting the end of the month from 8.30 to 4 o'clock everyday with the ETB the training centre i'm doing the course offers apprenticeships i'm going to look at doing one when this course finishes i want do this course though , i just want to know will my payments stay ok for the next month until my course starts if anyone could help me out my dad says unless there's 20,000 or more in the bank account you won't get penalized and he's getting half the money he was getting at this stage last year anyway but i am still a bit worried

yes i know that i'm doing a 6 month course starting the end of the month from 8.30 to 4 o'clock everyday with the ETB the training centre i'm doing the course offers apprenticeships i'm going to look at doing one when this course finishes i want do this course though , i just want to know will my payments stay ok for the next month until my course starts if anyone could help me out my dad says unless there's 20,000 or more in the bank account you won't get penalized and he's getting half the money he was getting at this stage last year anyway but i am still a bit worried

What is etb course. What’ll you get from it?

computer maintenance , it's a full time course i've done a warehousing course before which was full time and the payment i got on that was the full 198 every week

computer maintenance , it's a full time course i've done a warehousing course before which was full time and the payment i got on that was the full 198 every week

Seems very scattered. What do you actually want to do?
    Do you just want to do loads of coarse a to get the full dole or do you want to be a big time Charlie and earn a grand a week when you are qualified?
    These dole courses usually aren’t worth a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Im reading this as dole took your space bar away and punctuation marks.

• Advertisement

im looking at work in warehousing i've gotten my forklift license but just waiting on it to come in the post , the course i'm doing in computers is not a silly one just to pass the time it's a full time one that i think would be good to have on my cv , anyway does anyone know will my payment for the next while still stay the same at all does anyone have an idea ??

im looking at work in warehousing i've gotten my forklift license but just waiting on it to come in the post , the course i'm doing in computers is not a silly one just to pass the time it's a full time one that i think would be good to have on my cv , anyway does anyone know will my payment for the next while still stay the same at all does anyone have an idea ??

You need two courses and a computer course to get a job order picking?
    Come on lad.

the warehousing course was to get my forklift license , i just finished that a few weeks ago and i'm waiting on my forklift license , the computer maintenance course would be good to have if i pass it because it would be a good qualification to have and i've been wanting to do that for a few months .... now does anyone know if my payment will be alright for the next month ??

Yes you will be fine once paperwork is in order but one day you will have to support a family and hopefully you arnt on here wondering about rent allowance.

i'm not , like it's a joke anyway this nonsense , i hand up my parents 20 euro each week in rent money and i do buy a lot of household items myself its not like i'm some bum just using the money to go out partying every week , there's people on the dole my age and younger even nothing wrong with them on disability benefits for depression getting a full payment of 200 a week and they don't have to do courses or anything it's a joke

i'm not , like it's a joke anyway this nonsense , i hand up my parents 20 euro each week in rent money and i do buy a lot of household items myself its not like i'm some bum just using the money to go out partying every week , there's people on the dole my age and younger even nothing wrong with them on disability benefits for depression getting a full payment of 200 a week and they don't have to do courses or anything it's a joke

Your father is not paying tax. You are not paying tax. The courses are to help you get a job. It’s not a hardship. I hated during the recession when people said there are jobs out there but now there is a shortage of tradespeople. It’s a perfect time for you to break the mold of welfare legacy reliance and become something. It’s not free money that you have to give a percentage to your dad it’s our taxes that could be spent on the homeless problem or hospital problem but is being spent on lads doing stupid Fine Gael courses to antagonize you. Just get an apprenticeship and become a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

So, sort yourself out. Don't let a phase become a state.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

there's people on the dole my age and younger even nothing wrong with them on disability benefits for depression getting a full payment of 200 a week and they don't have to do courses or anything it's a joke

Ah here, ya sound fairly young? At some point I have to call bullsh1t on this story. No way.

my dad only retired from his job of 22 years 10 months ago he's close to the retirement age anyway he's done more then most useless people on that dole , people about 40 or 50 years old on it since they left school never worked , never done any courses but get everything

• Advertisement

no way what ?? , what's bull****

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭lardzeppelin

On a positive note, I lost my job in 2012, a fully qualified time served motor technician, went to the welfare office, got the courses booklet, decided to retrain and become a social care worker in the intellectual disability sector... 1 year of training, 6 months of voluntary and 4 years of bloody hard work, and I'm on one and a half times the take home I was on as a mechanic, and saving 500 euro a fortnight, no BS, just not going to be a bloke on the midd 50s scrap heap.... If I can get my stuff together, so can you OP, good luck and never rest on your laurels...

why are people on this so bloody worried about someone elses life , i ask a simple question and it can't even be answered , some amount of complainers on this nothing better to do then to complain at people and worry about other people's lives

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Question:
    why are people on this so bloody worried about someone elses life

Answer:
    i ask a simple question and it can't even be answered , some amount of complainers on this nothing better to do then to complain at people and worry about other people's lives

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

no way what ?? , what's bull****

You sound quite young 19-22? Its very young to be on disability benefits for depression?, i mean your just out of school.

Keep going at the courses OP, if you can get an apprenticeship you are interested in then take it, the more experience/qualifications you gain the better for you (it can straight up mean more cash in your pay cheque:)).

Employers like to see a bit of get up and go and good people are hard to find.

i'm not on any disability allowance for depression , i'm saying there is people younger then me on disability allowance for depression when there's nothing wrong wit them and they get double the pay i get , i apply for jobs regularly and i do courses , there's a lot of people on the dole who just do nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

Them dole courses are a complete waste of time. Go train yourself up properly and stop taking handouts from the state. Nobody likes a freeloader

how is a computer maintenance course a waste of time , it's a 6 month full time course from 8.30 to 4 everyday , there's good qualifications out of it .... i don't get why some of you people on here are so worried anyway , i apply for jobs regularly i'm just waiting at the moment for my forklift license to be sent in the post , if you's want to have a go at freeloaders go and say at to the 40 and 50 year old saddos who've nothing wrong with them claiming disability allowances , free travel and the rest and have never done a single course , worked or looked for a job in their life

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

U keep going on about others on the dole being useless..... take a look in the mirror mate, your on the dole too. I don’t care how many courses u have done your still the same as the saddos u mentioned!

What job would you get with a computer maintenance course in all honestly?

• Advertisement

loads , but like i have a safe pass i've done and i'm waiting on my forklift license to come in the post i've a better chance of getting something in warehousing once i get that , since my course ended a few weeks ago i've already applied for at least 7 or 8 jobs , at least doing a course is a better then doing nothing all day

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement