Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone said nipple

Options
  • 25-05-2018 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭

So, they are trialling laws in the u-20s trophy to bring the tackle height down to nipple level.

In the main competition and presumably further along in the thinking, they are now looking to ensure that the tackler is not upright.

I wonder what this means for Johnny and the choke tackle.

A tackler will be deemed to be upright when:

They are in an approximate upright standing position
    They have made no clear attempt to lower the height of contact with the ball carrier to avoid the head or shoulders of the ball carrier
    There is no knee flexion and minimal bending at the waist which brings the head into a dangerous position for collision with ball carrier's head or shoulder
    The high tackle warning will be issued in one of four types of incidents:

All high-contact penalties, irrespective of sanction, during matches
    All tackles that result in an HIA, irrespective of whether to tackler or ball-carrier
    High tackles that are missed during the match
    Accidental clear and obvious head to head and head to shoulder contact

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,061 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

the one thing i hope to god they look at is the actions of the tackled player (ball carrier) in determining a high tackle.

if a ball carrier is bent over head down at waist level driving forward at close range, then the tackler simply has no option but to match that level which in some cases can lead to a head tackler or a seat belt tackle.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    the one thing i hope to god they look at is the actions of the tackled player (ball carrier) in determining a high tackle.

if a ball carrier is bent over head down at waist level driving forward at close range, then the tackler simply has no option but to match that level which in some cases can lead to a head tackler or a seat belt tackle.

Yup, it will be interesting. Someone like CJ Stander, who runs into contact head down, can essentially only be tackled around the legs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I wouldn't want to be the ref judging this in the woman's game

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'm having my nipples removed and grafted to my ankles. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Sort of think with this new law that rugby is going tits up. Or in this case tits down I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Is this to prevent eye gouging?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I know they're trying to reduce the likelihood of tackles to the head and around the neck, but this is a bit ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,073 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

If a guy runs head down, I don't see the issue with having to tackle the legs?
    It's not like you can run fast with your head down while holding a ball.

Might be difficult close to the line, but these are already difficult to stop other than forming a maul/choke and holding the ball up.

Advertisement