Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro 14 Final - where to watch in London?

Options
  • 23-05-2018 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can definitely watch the match? The full match?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Porterhouse in Covent Garden was/is Leinster supporters' club base. That'd be my first port of call.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Porterhouse in Covent Garden was/is Leinster supporters' club base. That'd be my first port of call.
    That's actually where I tend to go when I'm there - didn't realise! Excellent thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Philomena's is another good spot for rugby, close by too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Theres a website which tells you what pubs are showing which sports in London, you could just google it on saturday and it will find the pubs close to you showing the game.

stephen_n wrote: »
    Theres a website which tells you what pubs are showing which sports in London, you could just google it on saturday and it will find the pubs close to you showing the game.

I'm sure lots a places will show the start, but I'm worried that once the champions league final starts they'll switch channels, and I'll miss the end!! Looking for devoted pubs

• Advertisement

GingerLily wrote: »
    I'm sure lots a places will show the start, but I'm worried that once the champions league final starts they'll switch channels, and I'll miss the end!! Looking for devoted pubs

I’d say most pubs would leave it on one screen if you ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

GingerLily wrote: »

I’d say most pubs would leave it on one screen if you ask.

Not sure I’d count on that. Rugby is pretty niche in London outside England internationals. Even then most pubs will show the football.

Porterhouse and Philomenas will definitely show the matches with good supporting crowds in central locations. Both can get busy though. Faltering fullback in North London will also show it.

Was over in London for the Scottish game and the pub had some United game on. They had advertised on that site though that they’d be showing the 6nations. When we went in the rugby was only on one screen until the football ended. I think if they put it on that site, they will show it at least on one screen. But the op could always ring ahead and ask. All depends on where they’re staying if the porterhouse is accessible or is a good bit away.

Was over in London for the Scottish game and the pub had some United game on. They had advertised on that site though that they’d be showing the 6nations. When we went in the rugby was only on one screen until the football ended. I think if they put it on that site, they will show it at least on one screen. But the op could always ring ahead and ask. All depends on where they’re staying if the porterhouse is accessible or is a good bit away.

I've messaged the Porter house and checked already! I definitely would prefer to watch it with sound on and on a screen larger then my work monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Watched the last game in O'Neill's (Irish chain), they will definitely show it.

• Advertisement

Watched the last game in O'Neill's (Irish chain), they will definitely show it.

They'll definitely show the champions league final too! And I reckon on the main screen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

That's for sure. Watched the last games in there. But yes you will have to find the TV's showing it

Matchpint is the website.

Philomena's or porterhouse in central London.

There's a few more local places which will sort you out too if you want to stay close enough to something particular.

Advertisement