Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onrush

Options
  • 17-05-2018 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Codemasters' new arcade racer, Onrush, will be out soon. The beta is available this weekend (out now). Anyone tried it out yet?

I've only done two online races so far, so I'm going to withhold judgement for the moment.

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Pretty sure I wont buy another Codemasters game ever, in 6 months servers be offline and thats that.

Shame they published some decent games a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,808 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Looks like Burnout: Wipeout, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but those voiceovers.... I'm already sick of listening to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Played thus over the weekend. Got to level 7 I think.

Positives:
    Fast frantic gameplay
    Graphics look nice, arcadey
    Only two disconnects from online gameplay (I think it’s all online, could be wrong)

Negatives:
    Not really sure on what the objectives are, gather more points than you opponents is pretty much it I think.
    The gameplay albeit frantic doesn’t control great imo. Sloppy.
    And while on the gameplay one of the objectives is get close for some cars (near miss) or others to knock other cars out but tbh I found this was incredibly hard to do consistently and found it more luck based than skill.

It’s got potential but I definately wouldn’t be buying it day one, and that said the later you leave it the more chance the servers will dry up.

Had high hopes for this but the beta was very underwhelming unfortunately.

ACG Review up. Pretty much echos the thoughts a lot of people had: style over substance and lacking any real cohesion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I just wanted to update my views from the beta.

The beta for me felt a bit meh. I mentioned sloppy in its controls and inconsistent in its hit detection which was frustrating.

So I gave it another go as it was free on psn and I have to say I’m loving it.
    It feels much tighter than the beta. I can now get the cars to do what I want them to do and feels less luck based than the beta.

I’m level 32 now and keep going back to it as a play a few games and put down. Good arcade feel to it.

Understanding that it’s not a normal arcade racer is important here too. Its a chaotic objective based racer filled with near misses and adrenaline fueled madness.

If anyone dismissed it at beta stage I urge you to give it another shot. There’s lots of fun to be had here. It’s not perfect but it’s a really nice way to break up games if you’ve got frustrated in COD or an RPG or whatever as it’s so different.

I’m enjoying the career mode as I can pause it if the kids come in or whatever but the online was working flawlessly the other night when I gave it a shot. Nice taking out real people as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I just tried this for the first time last night and I though it was surprisingly good, its like a cross between motorstorm and burnout.

It's nice to get away from realistic racing and shooters for a bit

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    I just tried this for the first time last night and I though it was surprisingly good, its like a cross between motorstorm and burnout.

It's nice to get away from realistic racing and shooters for a bit

Did you play online (and which platform)?

Curious to see how populated the servers are.

Did you play online (and which platform)?

Curious to see how populated the servers are.

Not yet im just working through the campaign, I'm playing on ps4

I played online last night, it crashed a couple of times before I could get into a game. Once I was in there was no more issues and it populated quickly.

Advertisement