Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O briens best beer

• 17-05-2018 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭

Two closest off licence s to me in Citywest are Dunnes and O Briens the latter mostly having the much better selection.

I find when I'm in there most weeks I always end up with the same German wheat beers or either laqunitas or Sierra Nevadas range.

I think I've went threw most of whats normally on the shelfs but is there anything in particular that really stands out?

Beer I go for normally would be something with a nice crisp bite or a nice full hoppy flavour without leaving an ever lasting taste in your mouth.

Don't really drink stout or red ale unless I'm using them as an ingredient.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Flicking through what's on the website, the highlights for me are:
    Founders All Day IPA
    Spaten
    Augustiner Edelstoff
    Chimay Blue
    St Bernardus Abt 12
    Rustbucket
    Third Circle Saison
    Timmermans Oude Geuze
    Wayfarer
    Castaway
    Dot Barrel Aged Cab Sauv Grain Rye
    Bibble
    Larkin's IPA

• Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

BeerNut wrote: »
    Flicking through what's on the website, the highlights for me are:
    Founders All Day IPA
    Spaten
    Augustiner Edelstoff
    Chimay Blue
    St Bernardus Abt 12
    Rustbucket
    Third Circle Saison
    Timmermans Oude Geuze
    Wayfarer
    Castaway
    Dot Barrel Aged Cab Sauv Grain Rye
    Bibble
    Larkin's IPA

I've tried 5 or 6 of them. I'll have to look later see what they have. Thanks for the list!

The beers from Belgium seem to be hit and miss in the local o briens. Used up drink fair bit of duvel and one other I can't remember but found they started to taste really odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

O Briens in CityWest is one of the poorer branches for selection IMO, although I don't go regularly to be fair.

On the odd time I go to Molloys in Tallaght Village, which would be localish as well for you by the sound of it, they have had a very good selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭Tefral

My Favourite beer from O'Briens is Augustiner Helles

https://www.obrienswine.ie/augustiner-helles-50cl-btl.html

O Briens in CityWest is one of the poorer branches for selection IMO, although I don't go regularly to be fair.

On the odd time I go to Molloys in Tallaght Village, which would be localish as well for you by the sound of it, they have had a very good selection.

Ya there average in citywest do the job picking up few beers now and again. That molloys is fairly good actually was there few months ago they had few things I hadn't seen elsewhere.

Ended up heading out to Martins in Fairview the other day. I've only ever ordered online from them but amazing selection out there wish it was closer!!

• Advertisement

Tefral wrote: »
    My Favourite beer from O'Briens is Augustiner Helles

https://www.obrienswine.ie/augustiner-helles-50cl-btl.html

I think I might of seen it in Citywest the odd time. Actually only tried it once or twice but remember getting bottle one day in drink store I think it's called in Stoneybatter and wasn't fan of it at all. Dunno if was that particular bottle cause the rest beer I got at time wasn't great either.

Advertisement