Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to check if exported classic had VRT refund?

Options
  • 17-05-2018 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Spotted a car in the UK which is on old Irish plates, its an 84.

I'm aware if a car is exported from Ireland and there has been no VRT refund upon export, the car will then go back to it's original Irish registration plate.

I've checked motortax.ie, NCT and cartell and the reg brings up the correct details.

My question is, how to confirm that the car is still live and the registration valid here and VRT isn't due?

It would be nice to have it back on it's original old Irish registration instead of a ZV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

The vrt refund was only introduced a few years ago so if you can find out when this was , you can then figure out if the car was exported before this date , I'd say your safe enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

If its an original 1984 Irish car there was never any VRT paid in the first place. If it was imported after 1993 and VRT was paid it will still be below the threshold of a refund anyway.

Advertisement