Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday

Options
  • 18-05-2018 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,388 ✭✭✭✭

Newbury 1:50 - Murillo ran in the 2000 Guineas two weeks ago as the clear pace angle of the O'Brien trio before weakening towards the close, still managing to finish a respectable 6 lengths behind Saxon Warrior. The going that day was reported as good, although given the weather, the ground certainly looked on the soft side of good to me. Given that Murillo is out of Scat Daddy, a clear sprinter who would favour good to firm ground, I am impressed that it ran as well as it did over a mile. I can't help but think that Aidan must have been impressed too, because he has dropped him back to a more natural 6f in the 1:50 at Newbury tomorrow running in what should be a much less competitive listed race. Running on good to firm ground, over a reduced trip, and against weaker opposition, I think that Murillo at 7/2 is the absolute bet on the week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Im inclined to agree francie. Lancaster Bomber looks huge in the lockinge. Worth a punt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Very poor lockinge

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I will pass this on for what its worth.

Fozzy Stack told a friend of mine that ALEXIOS KOMNENOS will run better than his odds suggest in the Lockinge at 3 40 on sat at Newbury,was 50/1 earlier in the week,i had a score ew at 33/1 yesterday.

Very little 33s available now, 22/1 general and some 25s can still be had.Had some good form last year and Stack does not normally send no-hopers to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Limato the class horse here and if he’s fit enough the should win.
    He has every chance to get the mile today

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Taking a chance on War Decree today. 66s seems massive for a horse that probably has his ideal conditions for the first time in God knows when. Risky, but I think it could place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,838 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

sticking with addeybb at 9/2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

€10 at 38s Zonderland

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

deauville for me at 14's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Adeybb will be the one to beat here I think but Suedois is my pick at the prices with 25s going for him this morning. Based on Goodwood run alone, the extra furlong might see him come out on top of Limato, a race where he was short of racing room also and ran on towards the end. He should prefer 1 mile. His run at Leopardstown was quite impressive and his few runs in grade 1s in America are also not to be ignored. Theres serious value in his current price.

Also, referring to Zimmer's post above, I think Suedois has the beating of Alexios Komnenos. Beat him easily enough over this trip at Leopardstown in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I'm not so concerned about Break The Bank form on this ground. I think he's rated high enough and proceed big enough to consider a bet in the Lockinge.

1pt Ew 11/1 5 places with SkyBet.

• Advertisement

8 different picks so far says it all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

diomed wrote: »
    €10 at 38s Zonderland
    But accidently backed Alexios Komnenos at 38s. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Rhododendron for me, she was just out for a prep the last day behind Cracksman and should be cherry ripe today. The Lincoln winner is a gorgeous horse but a Gp1 on firm ground is asking way too much for the price he is on offer at.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I will pass this on for what its worth.

Fozzy Stack told a friend of mine that ALEXIOS KOMNENOS will run better than his odds suggest in the Lockinge at 3 40 on sat at Newbury,was 50/1 earlier in the week,i had a score ew at 33/1 yesterday.

Very little 33s available now, 22/1 general and some 25s can still be had.Had some good form last year and Stack does not normally send no-hopers to the UK.

Stack may not send no hopers but what is the record of the owners?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Come on Fozzybear :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭zimmermania

FatRat wrote: »
    Adeybb will be the one to beat here I think but Suedois is my pick at the prices with 25s going for him this morning. Based on Goodwood run alone, the extra furlong might see him come out on top of Limato, a race where he was short of racing room also and ran on towards the end. He should prefer 1 mile. His run at Leopardstown was quite impressive and his few runs in grade 1s in America are also not to be ignored. Theres serious value in his current price.

Also, referring to Zimmer's post above, I think Suedois has the beating of Alexios Komnenos. Beat him easily enough over this trip at Leopardstown in September.

One of my favourite horses is Suedois,i have seen him in his box a few times and is the star of the stable.

Probably at his best with a little give on this side of the world nowdays and runs particularly well in the US where he runs on Lasix which brings out the best in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

How could anyone say Limato was the horse to beat here, I wonder what people do be watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

dk6dk6 wrote: »
    How could anyone say Limato was the horse to beat here, I wonder what people do be watching.

Inspiring foresight knowledge there.

What's more shocking to me is how people thought Brazil would beat Germany in the 2014 World Cup. 7-1 drubbing was always on the cards.

dk6dk6 wrote: »

I'll never understand this after timing craic at all :o

I backed addeybb who was two necks ahead of limato, I knew...game by the bollix!

Advertisement