Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Increase in AAI registration fee ring-fenced for coaching

• 18-05-2018 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭

This was something discussed on here before, but can't find the thread...

Anyway, at the last AAI congress the following motion was passed -
    “THAT: the Athletic Association of Ireland annual registration fee be increased by €3.00 for all members effective from 2019. These funds will be ring fenced for Coaching & Development.”

Membership last year was over 60,000, so about 180k in new funding for coaching and development.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

A few more motions came up:

Exclusion zone for race permits reduced to 30k - passed

Exclusion zone be extended to 36 hours - failed

Road permits/recommended distances be made mandatory for juveniles - passed

AAI introduce 5k, 5 mile, and 10 mile road national championships - passed

Club XC relay competition be introduced - passed

Mandatory to wear county colours in intercounty competition - failed

National half to be held in September and moved around country - to be reviewed

Juveniles be required to compete in regional competition if they want to compete at nationals (unless they were competing internationally at the time) - failed

u12/13 indoor relay to be changed from 4 x 100 to 4 x 200 - passed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Hi Ray,

Thanks for all of that info. Some good things there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

RayCun wrote: »
    This was something discussed on here before, but can't find the thread...

Anyway, at the last AAI congress the following motion was passed -

Membership last year was over 60,000, so about 180k in new funding for coaching and development.

Good idea and something I think everyone can get on board with. Needs to be properly ring fenced though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

While I welcome this proposal as it is something mentioned in the past i cant help but have reservations that this is a cheap attempt at boosting numbers for their new race series (which conveniently has these distances)

This series has been pushed to detriment of current 10k Championship and Frank Duffy (10 mile dublin championship)

Hope I am wrong would love to see this idea grow legs and actually be done right

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Coffee Fulled Runner

A few more motions came up:

Exclusion zone for race permits reduced to 30k - passed

Exclusion zone be extended to 36 hours - failed

Road permits/recommended distances be made mandatory for juveniles - passed

Club XC relay competition be introduced - passed

Mandatory to wear county colours in intercounty competition - failed

National half to be held in September and moved around country - to be reviewed

Juveniles be required to compete in regional competition if they want to compete at nationals (unless they were competing internationally at the time) - failed

u12/13 indoor relay to be changed from 4 x 100 to 4 x 200 - passed
    It would be great to see a not so Dublin centric national race

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

While I welcome this proposal as it is something mentioned in the past i cant help but have reservations that this is a cheap attempt at boosting numbers for their new race series (which conveniently has these distances)

This series has been pushed to detriment of current 10k Championship and Frank Duffy (10 mile dublin championship)

Hope I am wrong would love to see this idea grow legs and actually be done right

Had the exact same thought when I read this. Would certainly explain some of the logic behind this competing ‘Irish Runner’ Dublin race series.

Advertisement