Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

supplementary register - when to expect polling card?

Options
  • 15-05-2018 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hope this is in the right place.

I posted an RAF2 form to my local county council several days before the deadline. Just wondered if anyone in a similar position has received a polling card? Or have any idea of when we can expect the polling card to arrive?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭blackwhite

I’m the past it’s usually been the week of an election / referendum before I’ve received mine.

Still hasn’t arrived for me and I’m on the full register.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Yevon wrote: »
    Yeah I also submitted a change of address form but I'm still on the register in the wrong county and my polling card arrived to my home address. Do I need to worry or just wait for the County Councils to get it sorted?

You can still vote if your polling card does not arrive (assuming you are on the electoral register). If you're showing up on Check the Register then you're OK. Just be sure to bring identification with you to the polling station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭theyoungchap

You can still vote if your polling card does not arrive (assuming you are on the electoral register). If you're showing up on Check the Register then you're OK. Just be sure to bring identification with you to the polling station.

Yeah I had that during the last election, if you are sure you've been registered then just show up with ID of course.
    I don't get how we make such a rigmarole out of this every time!

Anyone added to supplemental register in the last few months won't appear on Check the Register. Website currently states it's displaying only the Register that came into effect on 15th Feb. Anyone who wasn't on that, but who applied to be added to supplemental register won't appear online if they check.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

My daughter sent off her application in late April and doesn't appear on checktheregister.ie. The rest of us received our polling cards this morning (South Dublin) so I emailed them at half 8 and they replied by half 10 to say she was on the supplement.

So check with your local authority.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

blackwhite wrote: »
    Anyone added to supplemental register in the last few months won't appear on Check the Register. Website currently states it's displaying only the Register that came into effect on 15th Feb. Anyone who wasn't on that, but who applied to be added to supplemental register won't appear online if they check.
    Pherekydes wrote: »
    My daughter sent off her application in late April and doesn't appear on checktheregister.ie. The rest of us received our polling cards this morning (South Dublin) so I emailed them at half 8 and they replied by half 10 to say she was on the supplement.

So check with your local authority.

Yeah blackwhite is correct, I forgot that it won't show the supplementary register.

We really could do with a Electoral Commission to properly manage the electoral register. There are so many inconsistencies between the different Local Authorities.

Yeah blackwhite is correct, I forgot that it won't show the supplementary register.

We really could do with a Electoral Commission to properly manage the electoral register. There are so many inconsistencies between the different Local Authorities.

I've managed to move home in advance of the last 3 general elections, so I've gotten used to the various machinations of the supplemental register :D

That the various Local Authorities don't have a standardised administrative set-up to manage it doesn't help either.
    There's about 10 different names for the Dept responsible for maintaining the register, depending on which LA you are dealing with. Some will only accept it if sent to a specific office, others will accept it sent to any office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭theyoungchap

If only we had a unique numbering system, maybe something given to somebody aged 16, which we could use to check people were or were not on the register, where they are on it, and maybe even the person could search by it themselves?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Just checked the register - my polling card arrived yesterday. CtR only conceded I was on the register with my eircode, not address. Husband who passed away two years ago also on register (and polling card) even though they were notified before this register.

Polling card arrived yesterday.

Wife is on supplemental register, hers hasn't arrived yet

• Advertisement
Advertisement