Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bushy Park management unfair

Options
  • 13-05-2018 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

I've been playing tennis in Bushy park for the last 4 years, recently they renovated the courts and there are some fees to pay, totally agree.

There are 2 issues that I have with them:
    1. They ask me to pay for adult prices, when I am a student, I also have a student card.
    They say you can only be a student under 18 years old, they also have this on their website !!!!?!? Which is really stupid, and they didn't believed me when I said you can be a student even later in life (I'm 26 but I look like 20 anyway ffs).
    On their wall they have a list with prices that clearly specifies student (over 18), which is also stupid as you can be a student at 17, and it contradicts what they said, and what's on their website. When I mentioned this they said it's wrong!?!?

2. I keep my balls in a plastic thingy with a handle, they said I'm not allowed on courts with it as people believe I'm a coach!?!?!? This is just taking the piss now ..

It's getting ridiculous and it makes me avoid practically the only place I enjoy going from time to time ..

Tried to post it on their facebook page, emailed them about this, no answer, can they do what they want just like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

rosmoke wrote: »
    I've been playing tennis in Bushy park for the last 4 years, recently they renovated the courts and there are some fees to pay, totally agree.

There are 2 issues that I have with them:
    1. They ask me to pay for adult prices, when I am a student, I also have a student card.
    They say you can only be a student under 18 years old, they also have this on their website !!!!?!? Which is really stupid, and they didn't believed me when I said you can be a student even later in life (I'm 26 but I look like 20 anyway ffs).
    On their wall they have a list with prices that clearly specifies student (over 18), which is also stupid as you can be a student at 17, and it contradicts what they said, and what's on their website. When I mentioned this they said it's wrong!?!?

2. I keep my balls in a plastic thingy with a handle, they said I'm not allowed on courts with it as people believe I'm a coach!?!?!? This is just taking the piss now ..

It's getting ridiculous and it makes me avoid practically the only place I enjoy going from time to time ..

Tried to post it on their facebook page, emailed them about this, no answer, can they do what they want just like that?

Re point 1. If you have an up to date student card you should get advertised student price regardless of you age.

Re point 2. not exactly sure what a plastic thingy with a handle is. Do you mean a tennis coaching basket also known as a hopper? It’s common enough for Tennis clubs to have rules regarding coaching baskets or even number of balls allowed on court. I completely agree with these rules and would strongly enforce them.
    I know you are not a coach but people do try to sneak in lessons in clubs or courts where there is a coach who has exclusive rights to those courts. This coach could be paying for that right or giving back a lot of time and help in the running of the club. To have someone come in and coach is completely unfair.
    So rules need to be there to stop someone arriving with 50 balls and saying I’m not coaching we are just friends having a hit and I’m giving some advice.
    There’s no need to have any more then four balls on a court for practice or a match.

(Anyone who says they practice serves on their with loads of balls should be banned from club and forum)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭rosmoke

Yeah .. a tennis ball basket I meant, thanks.
    So basically the number of balls decide if I am a coach or just playing for fun.
    We only have ~15 balls, definitely not 50, some balls get lost, other times I see dogs around the park and I share some with the owners.
    I pay to rent the court, and having 4 balls or 15 shouldn't make a difference.

His problem wasn't he number of balls though, it was the basket.

Advertisement