Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hopscotch coding app

• 14-05-2018 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

So I’m using this drag and drop coding app on my iPad just for fun and I’m all most finished making a game. All I have to do is ad in falling items that will fall down from random areas from the top of the screen. Does anyone know how I can do this? if possible with images(to make it easier for me), as I can not find any tutorials to do this online. The app is called hopscotch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Howdy! You may have more luck if you give people more information. are you looking for the theory behind finding random points to make the items fall? are you looking for specific implementation details in a language/app? At the moment, your post is a bit too vague to help you?

Feel free to return with more details!

Red

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Scouter530

RedXIV wrote: »
    Howdy! You may have more luck if you give people more information. are you looking for the theory behind finding random points to make the items fall? are you looking for specific implementation details in a language/app? At the moment, your post is a bit too vague to help you?

Feel free to return with more details!

Red

What I am trying to do is get (if possible) the specific code combination to have items appear at the top of the screen and then fall downward and dissappear when they reach the bottom and then again appear at the top of the screen (in a random location as long as it is at the top of the screen) and fall and repeat (I would also like to add that Im not even sure that doing this is possible but I would just like to find out so I don't have to scrap the idea)

The app I am using is called hopscotch with some drag and drop code pieces as this is the app I am creating the game in this is the way I would like to make it (unless you know of another coding app that I could use that has some more complex features that would be more useful as long as its free and available on either apple ipad Air 2 or android version 6.0)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Scouter530

I have figured it out it is just a piece of drag code that I missed thanks for trying to help though it’s just that I kept on overlooking it
    FOR ALL WHO WANT TO KNOW HOW: you want to put down the drag and drop code named SET POSITION down once this is done swipe right and tap on RANDOM and it will give you a piece that says 1 to 100 (you can change these numbers)

Advertisement