Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fractured Bone moving inside cast!

Options
  • 10-05-2018 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

I broke my fibula (the ankle end) 2 weeks ago, and I’m in a plaster Paris cast. However, tonight I started to get the sensation that the bone is moving and knocking against the cast! It’s not painful, just a very strange sensation. Any movement of the cast leg at all and I can feel what I think is the bone moving.
    Is this normal? Should I head to A&E? I have an appointment with my orthopaedic doctor on Wednesday but I don’t feel like leaving it that long if the bone is unstable.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,680 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Please contact your GP if you can concerns. It's not wise to ask strangers on the internet for medical advice. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement