Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pernod Ricard-owned Irish Distillers has acquired Cork-based Eight Degrees Brewing

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Interesting, acquired to support their Caskmates line.
    Hopefully will see some more new releases coming from that so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Made consistently great beers since they started, don't think I've ever had a bad bottle from them, they really looked after the quality side of things. Am sure they'll continue to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭ Luka Freezing Sadness

load of bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

load of bollox

Very nuanced contribution there, thanks.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭ Luka Freezing Sadness

Getting shade thrown on Twitter over a comment on here

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Congrats, any company on the same books as the one that makes Redbreast 21 is a good day imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Sorry for dragging up an old thread, but for some reason this announcement passed me by.

Always have mixed feelings about these things. On one hand you'd like to see breweries stay independent, but on the other, it's hard to say what I'd do myself if someone was offering me a big wad of cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

I didn't see this either, but also I haven't drank an 8 degrees beer in a long time. They turned boring already before this happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

snowblind wrote: »
    I didn't see this either, but also I haven't drank an 8 degrees beer in a long time. They turned boring already before this happened!

A little bit unfair, but I can kinda see where you're coming from.
    I suppose they're like the John O'Shea of beer. Pretty solid (in most positions), but they're no Messi or Ronaldo.

Advertisement