Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar Panels

Options
  • 11-05-2018 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

We have been thinking about Solar Panels for a while and finally decided to call a company , as it stands we have three quotes from three different companies , the prices are varying hugely, has anyone had any experience with solar Installations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 johnreilly416

We have the LVP system in and we have never looked back , we have not had an issue with it.
    The installation went smoothly I have no experience with any other company tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭SemperFidelis

what were the prices you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭denismc

Post some prices and we will be able to see if they are off the wall.
    I recently installed a 2.4 kw system for 3k

• Registered Users Posts: 64,915 ✭✭✭✭unkel

peterwade wrote: »
    We have been thinking about Solar Panels for a while and finally decided to call a company , as it stands we have three quotes from three different companies , the prices are varying hugely, has anyone had any experience with solar Installations?

Welcome to boards, Peter!

My first question to you though is why do you not mention what quotes you got for what kind of installs? Honestly, how do you think we would react to your post without you posting any details :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭freddyuk

We have the LVP system in and we have never looked back , we have not had an issue with it.
    The installation went smoothly I have no experience with any other company tbh.

Tell us more? It does not relate to the OP of course as LVP do not supply solar systems but knowing that this system provides limitless hot water without costing the earth would be good to know from the real data you have. Telling us you have "never looked back" is not really helpful except to lead to the potential conclusion that you are involved with them especially as you registered on this board to make that comment.:rolleyes:

The OP needs to provide full information on whether we are talking about thermal or PV and describe the house loads, location and usage parameters otherwise no one can comment with any useful feedback. Of course if the OP was setting up the question for the LVP comment then it all makes sense:eek:

Maybe I am just over reading this.....but it does happen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement