Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance Question.

Options
  • 10-05-2018 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭

Long story short. Spotted an '80s classic on Donedeal today. Rang the seller & arranged a viewing.

Rang Carole Nash for a quick idea on an insurance quote. I'm late '40s with no points & no claims in 25+years.

I wanted to insure it as my only vehicle. Computer said no.:o

Rang FBD,First Ireland & AXA. No go there either.

I know you can get classic insurance if you have a modern everyday car insured already,but does anybody know if classics can be insured as an only car?

I was pretty sure Carole Nash provided this service, but apparently not.:confused:

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

You could try Barrett Private insurance. Chubb are the underwriters. They saved ma a packet on mine.
    01 2845518

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭MrCostington

I was at the show in Swords a few weeks back, one guy said his classic was is daily and only car and the insurance were OK (First Ireland I think, and of curse they are a broker so no idea of underwriter). So it seems it is possible. Maybe he was a long standing customer or something?

OP will you keep us all posted?

Tommy, is your classic your only policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

No, I've 2 regular cars and 3 classics. Both regular cars (CL500 and Smart) are fully covered for business use with an agreed value. The classics also have a no quibble agreed value

Advertisement