Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Brian? wrote: »
    They were a poor design, because the setup is difficult.

I don't believe it was any more difficult than others, but simply couldn't be set up properly in the "usual" manner. Beauty and easy aren't always the best of bedmates

• Registered Users Posts: 8,221 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

letape wrote: »
    Personally I never found the set up difficult. Might be an issue with older sets or older cables etc, but I don’t expect any difficulty with these if I fit quality cables and housing and keep the internals clean and oiled.

If i remember correctly you needed 3 different allen keys to set them up. I also found that once they were setup correctly, they worked perfectly.......for the first few brake lever pulls. After that, as the pads wore down, they were brutal and you had to reset them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

07Lapierre wrote: »
    If i remember correctly you needed 3 different allen keys to set them up. I also found that once they were setup correctly, they worked perfectly.......for the first few brake lever pulls. After that, as the pads wore down, they were brutal and you had to reset them again.

Two Allen keys - 5mm & 3.5mm. You can adjust them by hand to compensate for brake pad wear like with side pull callipers - to keep the pads the same distance from the rims. That’s my memory anyway!! I’ll know more when I get around to fitting them :-)

Two Allen keys - 5mm & 3.5mm. You can adjust them by hand to compensate for brake pad wear like with side pull callipers - to keep the pads the same distance from the rims. That’s my memory anyway!! I’ll know more when I get around to fitting them :-)

I also remember that I had to remove the wheels, then feed the brake cable into the calliper. The cable has to be cut very close to the bolt that secures it, which was difficult to do with the wheels on the bike. But with no wheels on the bike, I had to guess the distance between the pads, secure the cable, refit the wheels (without tyres or tubes) and then use the barrel adjuster to fine tune the pads. Once I was happy, I'd cut the brake cable and refit the front cover. 9times out of 10, after doing this, once the pads worn down, there was very little adjustment left, so I had to do it all over again! BUT, they do look cool! 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭25sean

13YGEz1.jpg

Very nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

Trekker09 wrote: »
    I Know I don't have the chain on the big ring etc, but I took this pic when I was rushing out the door this afternoon. My new ride!!

JKKmiun.jpg
    Would look better with deeper wheels!
    Nice ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Trekker09

breanach78 wrote: »
    Would look better with deeper wheels!
    Nice ride.

....hehe, reckon they would too! As soon as things quiet down at work then they just might get a set!

+1 one for the deeper rims. Some bikes just call for them and thats one of them. Very nice.

EDIT: Actually had to do a double take there and then I remembered some manufacturers put the rear break under the chainstays in recent models. Any reason for that? I'm sure theres pesky science to it.

+1 one for the deeper rims. Some bikes just call for them and thats one of them. Very nice.

EDIT: Actually had to do a double take there and then I remembered some manufacturers put the rear break under the chainstays in recent models. Any reason for that? I'm sure theres pesky science to it.

I Think it's to do with aerodynamics. All well and good if you're a pro and have a team mechanic bit they can be a bit fiddly. Originally these came with TRM brakes which were woeful but my one has the significantly better Colnago own brand ones.

I've only had a couple of shortish spins as I had Carpal Tunnel Syndrome for the past 2 years and have been carrying a bit of timber since then. Hopefully in the next few weeks will get to test it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Trekker09 wrote: »
    I've only had a couple of shortish spins as I had Carpal Tunnel Syndrome for the past 2 years and have been carrying a bit of timber since then.

I feel your pain!! I have CTS too. It was easing off but flared up in November. Cold is hard on it. Hoping it eases off as temps rise again. Wishing you well with your lovely new Colnago!

Sorry to derail...

• Advertisement

Aye rear brake is located behind the bottom bracket which makes adjustment a knuckle scraping experience! To leeson drag apparently!

New wheels fitted and will get a few pics up later........

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭f1000

Chapter2-Rere_full-aero_aerodynamic-optimized-carbon-aero-road-bike-race_PearlUD-white-rear-3-4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭clod71

My custom steel Fabrica STRADA in Candy Red. 
    I love this bike...

450282.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

450431.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

You look happy, that's the important bit!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,846 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'm not sure if i approve of a bike you can't wheelie on.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

i'm not sure if i approve of a bike you can't wheelie on.

That’s every bike in my case :-(

clod71 wrote: »
    My custom steel Fabrica STRADA in Candy Red. 
    I love this bike...

Finally...a Practical use for Helmets! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

fat bloke wrote: »
    An Post may be done with cycling but at least they still deliver em!

Arrived yesterday. Beautiful and bargainous. Cake and eat it :)

[IMG][/img]IMG_20170519_203044.jpg

lovely bike where you get it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Beauty is in the eye....
    Might not be everyone's cup of tea but (shrug)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭fat bloke

ipodrocker wrote: »
    lovely bike where you get it from?

Sorry man. Didn't see this. I bought it (for the mrs) on bunnyhop.de

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

mloc123 wrote: »
    Beauty is in the eye....
    Might not be everyone's cup of tea but (shrug)

That is very cool!

New Basso Diamante

nXj7ogx.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Nice bike.
    Bars seem to be at a bit of an odd angle though? Or is that just the pic? They look like they need to be pointed down.

nee wrote: »
    Nice bike.
    Bars seem to be at a bit of an odd angle though? Or is that just the pic? They look like they need to be pointed down.

They are! I've only taken it on a 20km spin so far and the bars might be changed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thud

new Crux..mainstream but nice
    specialized-s-works-crux-di2-2019-cyclocross-bike.jpg?itok=2VH0vY3I

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

^^^^^^^^
    My favourite combination of colours.

Much better looking than the current one which belongs possibly in the images of ugly thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

sorry for posting the wrong side :P, bit gaudy but im loving it :)36356993_1872737852748624_7101504991147327488_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=d5833af3ba1779942095a34b63a8d487&oe=5BE74878

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

What forks are on that? Nice defender or is it an old FJ? :)

Advertisement