Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cryptopia Hack Attempt

Options
  • 10-04-2018 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 27,033 ✭✭✭✭

FYI

Several attempts were made to hack my cryptopia account last night. Thankfully they were unsuccessful and my account was locked out.

So anyone with an account would want to make sure they have MFA enabled.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 CryptoReview

Thanks for the heads up, I was looking to sign up yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Cryptopia has 2FA enabled by default, don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,033 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

unkel wrote: »
    Cryptopia has 2FA enabled by default, don't they?

They might now, but when I signed up I think they only had some crappy pin number as the 2FA option.

I've since switched to Authenticator.

Thanks for the heads up, I was looking to sign up yesterday.

I wouldn't let it stop you from signing up, just make sure you have a strong 2FA enabled

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

It's a good exchange. I like it and it has good trading volume for many alt coins (although I did indeed only sign up recently). By default they send you an email with a 6 digit code everytime you try to log in.

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    It's a good exchange. I like it and it has good trading volume for many alt coins (although I did indeed only sign up recently). By default they send you an email with a 6 digit code everytime you try to log in.

Yeah I mainly use it for more esoteric ALTs.

In fairness to them they detected the attempts and mailed me at every step, ending in locking my account.
    It was a bit of a shock to wake up to, but a good result!

Advertisement