Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Aldi Caravan cover - for my classic

Options
  • 06-05-2018 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭

So,

I've realised my car cant stay in the garage and I dont like leaving it outside.
    I;ve always worried a cover will scratch the car and not really protect it from the kids out playing hurling/bikes etc round it.

So, I was thinking.

I could make a car shaped frame 4 or 5 inches bigger all round but fitting the profile of my car.

Buy one of these Aldi Caravan covers, put the excess bits that the caravan cover is larger than the car under the front of the frame on the ground.

Then, drive the car into the frame and onto the cover.

What do folks think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Its the humidity that you will need to watch for. The car cover will protect it from tahe rain , but lack of airflow will kill it faster..

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Aldi de humidifer crystals in the protective area.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Peew

80sDiesel wrote: »
    Its the humidity that you will need to watch for. The car cover will protect it from tahe rain , but lack of airflow will kill it faster..

Would the cover being loose enough to allow air flow sort this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

80sDiesel wrote: »

My intention is that there would be airflow about the car because it would be raised off the car by 2 or 3 inches. Driving the car onto the cover is to stop it shifting in wind but my intention is to leave the sides up a bit to let the airflow do its thing

another option I thought about was to build 4 T shaped bars with a plate on the bottom

I could drive onto the plates - therefore keeping the T's upright and then trow the caravan cover over the T's ( therefore keeping the cover off the car and air flowing round it )
    My worry in this case is the water would get trapped on the top of the cover between the 4 T's - but I think I could stop that by making the back ones higher than the front

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

What car is it, RobAMerc?

MX5 - so not exactly a Caddy !

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

Im planning to get one of these next winter if my garage isnt done by then

https://www.carcoon.com/carcoon-double-skin-outdoor

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Perfect home for cats on your roof/bonnet...scratchy scratchy......it will happen..;)

Advertisement