Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 37 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Just read this on FFS
    Ruled out of tomorrow’s trip to Brighton, Romelu Lukaku (11.5) looks unlikely to play a part in the Red Devils’ pair of fixtures. With Jose Mourinho hopeful that the striker will be in contention for the FA Cup final later this month, either Marcus Rashford or Anthony Martial could occupy the lone striker role.

See ya later Roman!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Clyne must be a possibility for pool now,no taa or gomez or robbo

km79 wrote:
    Why not ?

After last nights performance and the fact that pool players are crying out for a rest,probably after Chelsea match tho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

As a man fighting for a 3 figure finish, how much of a points hit are you prepared to make?

Can't see me going beyond -8, but if my squad needed more I would consider it. Thankfully I'm happy enough with most of what I have.

I'll asses tonight/tomorrow.

Also wanted to captain Sterling but reading the captain thread has made me reconsider. Again I'll have to decide.

I'm not convinced with Spurs (and I'm a Spurs fan).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Vertonghen/Cedric/Hazard or
    Vertonghen/Smalling/Sane?

Other combinations of 2 defenders and 1 midfielder are also invited, however, said combinations can only contain max 1 City and Spurs player as I'm already stocked up with 2 each of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

CSF wrote: »
    Vertonghen/Cedric/Hazard or
    Vertonghen/Smalling/Sane?

Other combinations of 2 defenders and 1 midfielder are also invited, however, said combinations can only contain max 1 City and Spurs player as I'm already stocked up with 2 each of those.
    Verthonghen azpil sane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Just took a -8, probably not the smartest idea

• Registered Users Posts: 9,595 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I've just lost wood....and got Jordan Ayew in :-)

Probably going to take a hit to get Smalling in for Robertson

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Cartman78 wrote: »
    I've just lost wood....and got Jordan Ayew in :-)

Probably going to take a hit to get Smalling in for Robertson

The opposite usually happens when Jordan is involved :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

It's all very cagey this week isn't it !!!!
    All will be revealed Saturday at 1131 am though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Just took a -8, probably not the smartest idea

As long as you bring in players you think are going to get the returns and overall be up, it doesn't really matter if you take a -20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Debating for - 8
    Out
    Long, doucoure, Salah, auba,
    In
    Davies, Arnie, alli, austin
    Opinions? Leaves me with 9 players with doubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Morgan + Barnes to Trippier + Ayew (-4).
    Yay or nay?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

km79 wrote: »
    It's all very cagey this week isn't it !!!!
    All will be revealed Saturday at 1131 am though ;)

Yeah. No match day threads before early hours of Saturday morning.

;)

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Yeah. No match day threads before early hours of Saturday morning.

;)
    Lets be honest, someone is going to make one. I've never understood why.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Any city defenders going to start both games? Laporte the most likely?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Morgan + Barnes to Trippier + Ayew (-4).
    Yay or nay?

Mawson or Trippier?

Mawson is the solid choice but I do like to gamble on Trippier.....

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Any city defenders going to start both games? Laporte the most likely?
    Otamendi the most likely surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Otamendi the most likely. Sat out the game against Swansea with a niggle apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Lets be honest, someone is going to make one. I've never understood why.

I've got zero problem with anyone who does. I mean, I'm super competitive when it comes to FPL, but I'd take zero pleasure out of gaining an advantage over any other managers who happen not to realise there's a Friday gameweek start. Just put the thread up in good time and even mention the Friday start in the title I say. That's in the spirit of FSA. Or at least I like to think so

manual_man wrote: »
    I've got zero problem with anyone who does. I mean, I'm super competitive when it comes to FPL, but I'd take zero pleasure out of gaining an advantage over any other managers who happen not to realise there's a Friday gameweek start. Just put the thread up in good time and even mention the Friday start in the title I say. That's in the spirit of FSA. Or at least I like to think so

A LOT of people use this forum to spy on other players moves but didn't contribute at all themselves
    LURKERS everywhere
    That's not really in the spirit of FSA and I don't really feel like helping them anymore than necessary in the penultimate week of the season ................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ChrisWeiland

A LOT of people use this forum to spy on other players moves but didn't contribute at all themselves
    LURKERS everywhere
    That's not really in the spirit of FSA and I don't really feel like helping them anymore than necessary in the penultimate week of the season ................

I set up my account just to spy on you all

LURKERS everywhere

Aye but you give them awesome transfer advice all forking year.

No wonder I can’t break the top 100k this season.

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

No one taking a punt on Tadic? Considering him myself. In a very tight relegation battle and seems to be hitting some form.

Well I've never understood the FPL mentality of trying to educate people about the game. How can you ever have a competitive advantage if you help everyone else become as good as you?

I use FPL social media as a means of sharing ideas with people whose ideas I value or new people whose views I find interesting. Not to educate people on the rules of the game, or have people educate me on the rules of the game, or basic strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

No one taking a punt on Tadic? Considering him myself. In a very tight relegation battle and seems to be hitting some form.

He's certainly a punt. I managed to nab him last week in draft. If you're protecting a mini league lead I wouldn't bother, but otherwise if you're feeling punty :p he's cheap enough

Well I've never understood the FPL mentality of trying to educate people about the game. How can you ever have a competitive advantage if you help everyone else become as good as you?

I use FPL social media as a means of sharing ideas with people whose ideas I value or new people whose views I find interesting. Not to educate people on the rules of the game, or have people educate me on the rules of the game, or basic strategy.

My feelings are clear on helping the people that drop in 5-10 times a year and want EVERYTHING done for them.

I just don’t get it.

My feelings are clear on helping the people that drop in 5-10 times a year and want EVERYTHING done for them.

I just don’t get it.
    Agreed, and then I definitely find the posting of the matchday thread before the deadline to make sure nobody misses out very Ned Flanderish.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

If only more people would listen to my advice we'd all be laughing our way up the rankings :pac:

• Advertisement

If only more people would listen to my advice we'd all be laughing our way up the rankings :pac:
    PVA 100% ownership :D

Advertisement