Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Hue FAQ

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

PaulT21 wrote: »

They’re both the same, just different descriptions of the same product.
    (Perhaps the only difference would be the packaging, if they were issued to Amazon over different time periods)

I’d certainly not be buying the more expensive of the 2.

Keep an eye out though as they do reduce in price. (I got 2 for £30 each late last year from Amazon)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Quick question about the Wireless Dimmer Switch I see it can be used with multiple lights but a couple of videos I seen are used to switch off both lights on the same room, what I want is that when I use it to switch off the light in the dinning room it doesn't switch off the light in the sitting room, so after I can switch off the sitting room light when ready.

My setup now is Hue hob and 2 light bulbs.

nava wrote: »
    Quick question about the Wireless Dimmer Switch I see it can be used with multiple lights but a couple of videos I seen are used to switch off both lights on the same room, what I want is that when I use it to switch off the light in the dinning room it doesn't switch off the light in the sitting room, so after I can switch off the sitting room light when ready.

My setup now is Hue hob and 2 light bulbs.

You might want to get the iConnectHue app, I believe it lets you do a lot more with the dimmer switches than Philips own Hue app.

In the Hue app a dimmer can be set to control up to 2 rooms (a room can have any amount of lights in it though).

You can set the dimmer so that each press of the ‘on’ button turns on a different scene in each room (up to 5 presses), however off means off for every room the dimmer is paired with.

I don’t have iConnect Hue but I believe it might do what you want.

My current set up:
    45 bulbs
    9 dimmer switches
    4 sensors

You can set the dimmer so that each press of the ‘on’ button turns on a different scene in each room (up to 5 presses), however off means off for every room the dimmer is paired with.

I don’t have iConnect Hue but I believe it might do what you want.

Thanks looks like in part it does what I need, pity about the off part it would be better if it switches off only what you need.

Iconnect looks good but over €5 for Iphone, maybe in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭NoeldeBournaix

PaulT21 wrote: »

Paul, amazon Spain have them at 39.99euro (48euro delivered to Ireland) as posted on the bargains thread.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106496060&postcount=1497

I bought one, very happy with it. Comes with the European plug so you need an adapter.

Also picked up one of the wellness lamps in the same order as was cheaper than elsewhere, but not sure what to make of it, its fairly big. Comes with a white ambience bulb and a dimmer switch included.

https://www.amazon.es/Philips-Hue-White-Ambiance-Wellness/dp/B01L99HIHS/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1523303142&sr=8-20&keywords=philips+hue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Paul, amazon Spain have them at 39.99euro (48euro delivered to Ireland) as posted on the bargains thread.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106496060&postcount=1497

I bought one, very happy with it. Comes with the European plug so you need an adapter.

Also picked up one of the wellness lamps in the same order as was cheaper than elsewhere, but not sure what to make of it, its fairly big. Comes with a white ambience bulb and a dimmer switch included.

https://www.amazon.es/Philips-Hue-White-Ambiance-Wellness/dp/B01L99HIHS/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1523303142&sr=8-
    20&keywords=philips+hue

Thank you very much, think I just bought that Bloom from Spain. Not sure though as it was in Spanish and being on an iPad, I wasn’t offered a translation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

So, I have my bedroom light linked to a sensor. It's set to do nothing from 8am - 9pm and a nightlight from 9pm -8am for 1 minute.
    But if I ask GH to turn the light on (example full brightness) after 9pm, it turns off after no movement is detected by the sensor after 1 minute.
    Is there any way to over ride the sensor, when I give a command from GH, so that the light stays on?
    Loving the Hue system, but I'm tearing my hair out with this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭OU812

Lads,

I have 2x hue white e27 bulbs with no boxes going spare here.

They’d have to be picked up either north Dublin or from the wife’s office on the north quays in the city centre,

If someone is willing to donate a tenner to the Red Cross, you’re welcome to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

OU812 wrote: »
    Lads,

They’d have to be picked up either north Dublin or from the wife’s office on the north quays in the city centre,

If someone is willing to donate a tenner to the Red Cross, you’re welcome to them.

Are these gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Lads,

I'll collect them next week if they're not gone. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Lads,

I'll collect them next week if they're not gone. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Arbie

Lads,

Hi OU812, I tried to PM you but it says your message box is full. Nice to be popular :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭OU812

Arbie wrote: »
    Hi OU812, I tried to PM you but it says your message box is full. Nice to be popular :p

Try mow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

An odd one, I unplugged the bridge today and seems the plug is now bolloxed.
    Doesn't seem to want to draw enough power, tested with another plug and hue works fine.
    Anyone know where I can pick up a 5V 1A plug readily enough in Dublin to replace? Google has not been my friend here!

Grassey wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can pick up a 5V 1A plug readily enough in Dublin to replace? Google has not been my friend here!

Check adverts, also maybe check farnell they will ship quite quick, get here in a couple of days as they ship with UPS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Are the colour G10's discontinued? I can only see Starter Packs, no twin packs or bulbs.

I need 13 colour G10s, do I have to buy all starter packs?

Are the colour G10's discontinued? I can only see Starter Packs, no twin packs or bulbs.

I need 13 colour G10s, do I have to buy all starter packs?

They are available on Amazon at the lower price of £39.49

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭jones

I have 15 Hue's bulbs installed of different varieties but mainly the GU10 white ambience and i love them. The problem is I need 12 more for my sittingroom and would love to go full colour but the price is insane for 12 full colour ones (even at the lower £39.49). Is there any chance these iwll come down in price? I'm in no particular rush. Could go with the white ambiance again for almost half the price

jones wrote: »
    I need 12 more for my sittingroom and would love to go full colour but the price is insane for 12 full colour ones (even at the lower £39.49). Is there any chance these iwll come down in price? I'm in no particular rush. Could go with the white ambiance again for almost half the price

I doubt they'll go any lower, the best you might get would be if they did another 3 for 2 deal, meaning they'd be £33 each (based on full £50 price), but apart from that, their as cheap now as they've ever been. I paid £500 for 10 of them in 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 7,144 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

I doubt they'll go any lower, the best you might get would be if they did another 3 for 2 deal, meaning they'd be £33 each (based on full £50 price), but apart from that, their as cheap now as they've ever been. I paid £500 for 10 of them in 2016

Keep an eye on JohnLewis - they often seem to have 3-for-2 deals, on individual bulbs and twin packs. I saved a bunch that way when I bought a bunch to kit out my house a few weeks back, delivery was super quick too (albeit ParcelMotel for UK address).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭londonred

Any suggestions for an outdoor light that could be used with colour hue e27 bulb ? For Back garden / Deck .

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭super_sweeney

londonred wrote: »
    Any suggestions for an outdoor light that could be used with colour hue e27 bulb ? For Back garden / Deck .

wierdly was only chatting about this with a friend the other day.

we were wondering about how well the hue motion sensor works outside as well. as this would open up options a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 tertials

I use an e27 bulb in one of those glass waterproof holders on an outside wall. Bulkhead lights I think they're called. Have set up Hue routines and all work great. It's about 15 feet from the internal router and Hue bridge. I use an Ikea white bulb, but see no reason why Hue colour bulbs shouldn't work.

Plan to experiment with a sensor too to see how I get on. You could probably have the sensor inside pointing out from a window.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭irelandrover

tertials wrote: »
    I use an e27 bulb in one of those glass waterproof holders on an outside wall. Bulkhead lights I think they're called. Have set up Hue routines and all work great. It's about 15 feet from the internal router and Hue bridge. I use an Ikea white bulb, but see no reason why Hue colour bulbs shouldn't work.

Plan to experiment with a sensor too to see how I get on. You could probably have the sensor inside pointing out from a window.

This didn't work for me. I couldnt trigger it even when standing right in front.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 tertials

Yeah just after I wrote it I realised that the glass would probably block the sensor. No worries probably better to have it outside under an eave or somewhere sheltered from rain. Will probably need to be close to Hue Bridge as well though. I'll try a few things this weekend if I get a chance.

Hue GU10 White & Colour Ambiance single bulb - £36.95 (lowest I've ever seen them)

Hue GU10 White & Colour Ambiance down to £31.97

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Amazon are running a promotion of 15% off smart home items including some Hue bulbs. Picked up some GU10s and 2 extra colour B22s.

I saw the price had dropped on the colour GU10s. In the end i with ordering 3 x white twin packs. The colour ones seem significantly larger in dimensions than the whites and I didn't want the hassle of sorting out new downlight fittings etc

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Has anyone used surgu (the mouldable glue thing) for mounting a motion sensor?

If so, does it work well?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭postsnthing

Has anyone used surgu (the mouldable glue thing) for mounting a motion sensor?

If so, does it work well?

I've used it for mounting a Google home mini and it worked well, you could try 3m command strips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭NoeldeBournaix

Just noticed the Philips Hue Outdoor range is available for pre order on Amazon.de

https://www.amazon.de/stores/page/E33E3FDF-67A1-4DAD-9015-A882D1BE202D

it says the release date is June 27th, 2018.

Good to see the products in more detail, looking forward to getting some of these.

Advertisement