Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

In my filthy 80s tent?
    You can't live in a place with Justin, Karl. Even if it's a tent. Even if it's for one night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

I'm not sure if the other lads have the money for camping, we might be just hitting up the Arcade Fire (or "Royksopp" as Donall confusedly keeps calling them) and then going home.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Great album that gets better on repeated listens.

"Wake Up" was the highlight of the rather forgetable U2 concert :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Angeldust

They won't disappoint live ....

I saw them in Washingston State on a really hot friggin' day in May after they had just gotten off a plane from Barcelona and they rocked. Very, very cool band.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 antrimite

Well folks what is everyones take on Arcade Fire nearly 13 years later??
    My favourite band... Funeral still their best album followed by the Suburbs. Everything Now is quickly becoming my favourite song even though it sounds like an Abba track.
    Have saw them live 8 times and they never disappoint!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

antrimite wrote: »
    Well folks what is everyones take on Arcade Fire nearly 13 years later??
    My favourite band... Funeral still their best album followed by the Suburbs. Everything Now is quickly becoming my favourite song even though it sounds like an Abba track.
    Have saw them live 8 times and they never disappoint!

I loved reading that thread. I was eagerly hoping there’d be people enthusing about the EP gig.

I adore their first two albums. I think Neon Bible is criminally underrated. I regret that they never played ‘The Well and the Lighthouse’ at any gigs I’ve been to.

I was disappointed with the Suburbs. It had a few incredible tunes like the title track and Sprawl 2, but I found it to generally be a lot less inspired. Songs like Rococo and City With No Children had good initial hooks but didn’t really go anywhere. It also contained ‘The Month of May’ which I think is by far the worst song they’ve ever written.

I thought Reflektor was a step up from the Suburbs, albeit not as good as the first two albums. It had a better standard but was slightly bloated and incohesive.

I found the new album patchy.

They’re still a great live proposition. They have an incredible back catalogue to draw on. I just don’t feel the same way about them anymore, eventhough I think the first two albums are bulletproof.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

They’re still a great live proposition. They have an incredible back catalogue to draw on. I just don’t feel the same way about them anymore, eventhough I think the first two albums are bulletproof.

The recent gig in the point was so good it completely reinvigorated my interest in them!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 antrimite

Definitely agree that nothing in recent years has came near the first 2 albums in terms of quality. There hasn't been many debut albums better than Funeral

Advertisement