Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonalds - prices off the scale

Options
  • 28-04-2018 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭

Anyone noticed this lately?

McDonalds do not display a menu price list.
    I waiting in Q, to make my choice, all I can see are a few meal combo's they want to promote. Theres no longer a menu on side wall or in front window.
    Is this not illegal?

E8.00 for a meal? What is this bullsh*t?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Huexotzingo

Your username is so apt.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

They do

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I’m loving it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Your username is so apt.

Should be discount aggro...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Irish prices are considerably dearer than those in the UK/Northern Ireland.

We should look on this as a good thing and avoid McD’s but unfortunately the poor and unemployed have to eat somewhere and so McD’s are thriving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Allinall

Eight Euro is feckin great value for a meal .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

I noticed the same thing in a Supermacs. When did they stop showing menus. Just big screens with one or two meal dealzzz.
    I don't want an 18 layer multi meat Super anything. I want a simple burger. Keep your half gallon of coke while you're at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

We should look on this as a good thing and avoid McD’s but unfortunately the poor and unemployed have to eat somewhere and so McD’s are thriving.
    Well that ignorant statement makes not a lick f sense.. how in the fcuk could or would the great unwashed afford Mickey D's if it's so expensive? Sure lidl and aldi sell pre packed dinners for less than a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

givyjoe wrote: »
    Well that ignorant statement makes not a lick f sense.. how in the fcuk could or would the great unwashed afford Mickey D's if it's so expensive? Sure lidl and aldi sell pre packed dinners for less than a fiver.

You took the words out of my mouth... below E4 actually,and so do Dunne's , the meals I mean

I have never been near McD;s and will not do so..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Not sure about that. I got a meal (and an extra 6 nuggets cos I was starving) in a McD in Strabane around 6 weeks ago. It was almost £10 (about €11) and I remember thinking it was pricey.
    Allinall wrote: »

Not when it's made of cardboard and there's not all that much in them other than calories. You can go into a Carvery / Kays / Kylemore or somewhere like that and get a massive plate of meat, veg, gravy and a bottle of water for not much more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

sdanseo wrote: »
    Not sure about that. I got a meal (and an extra 6 nuggets cos I was starving) in a McD in Strabane around 6 weeks ago. It was almost £10 (about €11) and I remember thinking it was pricey.

Not when it's made of cardboard and there's not all that much in them other than calories. You can go into a Carvery / Kays / Kylemore or somewhere like that and get a massive plate of meat, veg, gravy and a bottle of water for not much more.

Hate to break it to you, man, but Kylemore cafe is closed.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Allinall wrote: »
    its not really.you can go into most pubs now and get a proper home cooked meal for about 9.50.much better than that mcds fat inducing rubbish.(which i do eat :))

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Wish they'd stop smiling.
    Also I'm a grown up ****,why do I have to use the words "happy meal"? Are we supposed to be in some fairytale wonderland or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

its not really.you can go into most pubs now and get a proper home cooked meal for about 9.50.much better than that mcds fat inducing rubbish.(which i do eat :))

Dunno about you, but I don't live in a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

If you’re talking about carvery then it most certainly isn’t home cooked. The meat, vegetables and spuds all come on trays ready for heating. Pub knows the price of each meal, and the profit on each portion. A carvery is grand like, but don’t be fooling yourself that it’s particularly good value, healthy, or home cooked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

kneemos wrote: »
    Wish they'd stop smiling.
    Also I'm a grown up ****,why do I have to use the words "happy meal"? Are we supposed to be in some fairytale wonderland or something?

Because they wouldn't sell so many of them if they called them sad meals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

If you’re talking about carvery then it most certainly isn’t home cooked. The meat, vegetables and spuds all come on trays ready for heating. Pub knows the price of each meal, and the profit on each portion. A carvery is grand like, but don’t be fooling yourself that’s it particularly good value, healthy, or home cooked.

And with McD's, they tell you the calorie content.

Carveries and whatnot, you are on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

I waiting in Q, to make my choice, all I can see are a few meal combo's they want to promote. Theres no longer a menu on side wall or in front window.
    Is this not illegal?

Rip off Ireland is back.

Burger king also upped their prices recently.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Is this not illegal?

What meal exactly? Big Mac meal here in DE is €6.29

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

What meal exactly? Big Mac meal here in DE is €6.29
    Yes but this is treasure island

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I find with McDonald's your hungry again an hour later. Doesnt really fill you up for long.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Bunsen cheeseburger and hand cut fries for €10.50 can't be beaten.

Five guys is the biggest rip off I find

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Dominos jacked up their prices recently too, 27.99euro for 2 large pizzas, was only 24.99euro a few months ago.

The boom is back! Quick get on the property ladder.....oh wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

In before cooking for a family of 4 for a tenner. Which is possible too.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Panjandrums

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Don't eat in McDonalds often but the odd time I do I just order from the Eurosaver menu. Two hamburgers and 6 nuggets for €4, can't complain!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I sometimes get breakfast at McD's. Egg McMuffin meal (no sausage or bacon) and a flat white. 3.50 in some places 4.60 in others. No rhyme nor reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

They are still selling a 1€ burger. Inflation has deflated the burger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

givyjoe wrote: »

Lick 'em out of the packet. Yum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

But mcDonald's is more expensive than so many "unemployed people" options.

What an ignorant, horrible person you seem to be.

Advertisement