Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonalds - prices off the scale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭buried

lol Best OP of the decade. You can tell Viscount is bould, but also starvin

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Moiratat

The price of chicken selects is the only thing pricewise that shocks me in mcdonalds, like I think its about 6euro for 5 of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

How much is a large drink here?
    In America a massive cup with free refills is $1.14 including taxes

Part of the reason why the US is #1 for obesity!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

How much is a large drink here?
    In America a massive cup with free refills is $1.14 including taxes

Free refills is an alien concept round these parts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I don’t want to be your buddy, Rick. I just want some breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Why do people eat that crap at those prices. The occasional Double Cheeseburger for €2, fair enough, but €8 for one of their meals is redonculous.

You'd get a medium plate in KC Peaches for €7.95, fill it with the best off grub.

I'm banned now mind, apparently piling food two foot high is "taking the piss".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Should have gone to burgersavers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

kneemos wrote: »

The soft drinks from those machines don't taste like your regular coke/sprite/7up/Sprite from a bottle or a can. They all either taste too sweet or watered down. It's a scam the mark up on them must huge as the syrup is dirt cheap. Subway do free refills mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

if op thinks mcdoanlds is expensive think he never visited burger king, two double deckers almost 12e, where in mcd i get 5 plus curly fries, no overpriced meal crap combo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

I noticed the same thing in a Supermacs. When did they stop showing menus.

I would imagine Supermac's changed to match McSh**e's behavior about 6 weeks after McSh**e did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

kneemos wrote: »

Except Nando's.. mmmm Nando's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

givyjoe wrote: »
    Except Nando's.. mmmm Nando's

Is Nandos not just expensive chicken and chips, with ****e sauce?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Euro saver is decent still http://www.mcdonalds.ie/iehome/food/more_food/eurosaver.html

Hamburger royal meal (quarter pounder) in Germany is 6.95

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

You'd get a medium plate in KC Peaches for €7.95, fill it with the best off grub.

Bargain bin special?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Euro saver is decent still http://www.mcdonalds.ie/iehome/food/more_food/eurosaver.html

Hamburger royal meal (quarter pounder) in Germany is 6.95
    le Big Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Back to my original point;

McD's has gone expensive.

Most people will order what they see on the display. The majority of food items are not being displayed.
    You have to remember what else they serve - the euro-saver menu is no longer on view.
    The way to deal with this? An old fashioned blockade, stop buying stuff. F*ckin' starve them out. They will soon get the message.
    I am not paying E8 for crap food. My weekly food budget is E20 in total.

5 Guys? Dont get me started - they deserve to go under. E15 for a fast food meal? Not in my world.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

5 Guys? Dont get me started - they deserve to go under. E15 for a fast food meal? Not in my world.

Never been to a five guys outside the States but it's $15 roughly for a burger, large fries and large drink. It's the best fast food franchise imo with Whataburger as runner up. I remember one time they gave us literally a shopping bag of fries as they were closing up for the night.

20 euro food budget for the week, how do you manage that. I lived frugally in college but never that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Irish prices are considerably dearer than those in the UK/Northern Ireland.

We should look on this as a good thing and avoid McD’s but unfortunately the poor and unemployed have to eat somewhere and so McD’s are thriving.

£4 for 6 chicken nuggets in UK is alot dearer than what we pay here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Irish prices are considerably dearer than those in the UK/Northern Ireland.

We should look on this as a good thing and avoid McD’s but unfortunately the poor and unemployed have to eat somewhere and so McD’s are thriving.

If its so expensive what do the poor eat there ?

because there are fking lazy which is why they are poor ,

vicious circle int

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

foetalfoe wrote: »
    You need to get off that high horse there, chap, and onto a foreshortened animal with less altitudinous inclinations.

Tonto

^^

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Most people will order what they see on the display. The majority of food items are not being displayed. You have to remember what else they serve - the euro-saver menu is no longer on view. The way to deal with this? An old fashioned blockade, stop buying stuff. F*ckin' starve them out. They will soon get the message. I am not paying E8 for crap food. My weekly food budget is E20 in total.

It's not that it's expensive. Your just a tight **** that's the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Allinall

Why do people eat that crap at those prices. The occasional Double Cheeseburger for €2, fair enough, but €8 for one of their meals is redonculous.

I'm banned now mind, apparently piling food two foot high is "taking the piss".

I don’t give a **** about McDonald’s prices anymore.

I’ve found my word- not of the day or week, but of the year.

REDONCULOUS.

Well done sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

To be honest folks, this thread is just making me really hungry...

68 cent for a pizza in tesco
    58 for a bag of chips
    38 cent for cola

Job done

• Registered Users Posts: 8,288 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I wouldn't dream of going into MCDonalds and spend anything like 10 quid on a meal. I rather spend that money on a nice juicy high quality steak form the butchers. Takes no 'cooking' as such, just throw it on a grill pan with some mushrooms/onions of whatever. It's terrible that so many ppl don't seem to realise how simple cooking can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Do they still do the fillet o' fish?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

8 euros would get you a helluva fillet stake and make your own delux steak sandwich or a 5 layer burger and fixins and make your own.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

silverharp wrote: »
    8 euros would get you a helluva fillet stake and make your own delux steak sandwich or a 5 layer burger and fixins and make your own.

insert 'ain't got no time fo dat' meme here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

deise08 wrote: »
    Do they still do the fillet o' fish?

Yes

Advertisement