Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G Storm thermal cycler GS 4822

• 16-04-2018 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

We bought a G Storm thermal cycler GS 4822 used from a local seller, unfortunately after turning on only the Windows desktop appears. I assume that G Storm universal software application for this device has been removed from the internaldisk. Unfortunately, we did not receive the system on the CD, so is there anyone who knows where is possibility to download the universal software application for this device?? I will be grateful for any help in solving this problem

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer? I found the manual for your machine on line and according to it the operating software should be on a USB stick. Perhaps they could send you a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Greg Malkovic

I have already sent two emails in this matter directly to the g storm, but I have not received any answer so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭AlphabetCards

I've found that the manufacturer doesn't want to know in these situations. Can you find a distributor to contact for help? I've generally done that and had some success.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

While G Storm have an email and number, you'll actually find they essentially went under years ago for selling poor thermal cyclers for less than they were worth. I know loads of labs with them sitting around.

They are unreliable and the temperature on ones we thought were working were off the mark.

I hate to say it but probably best to dump it.

Advertisement