Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first go - title "The Madman?"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭padraiggg

Day 1
    Ok bad start I didnt finish my sentence yesterday. I got one of the words but when I was trying to think of some more I accidentally thought of some pictures of dirt bikes and also about some feelings being hungry was one of them and when I finished my sandwich all of the words that I could think of were about sandwiches. I think the word I did do was quite good hopefully when I go back to it today it still makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Damn. Now I want a sandwich, but there's no bread left and the shop is shut.

WWTD?

Ok another bad day yesterday I rewrote the first word of my first sentence about 100,00 times and then decided that the first time I did it was probably right but I had so many screwed up bits of paper in my room that I couldnt find the first draft and had to write it out again I think that im happy now and just have to think of the rest of the sentence but like I said writing one sentence is a lot harder than you would think

Edit; I made an edit but I cant see the edit reason anywhere. The reason for the edit was that I forgot to say that it was day 2 so please try to imagine the words day two above the other words before you read them and pleas e also imagine that you read the edit reason that I wrote but that you can't see. Thanks

Ok, reguarding the confusion about day 2 and 3. Its actually quite simple. If yesterday was day 2 of the challenge then today is day 3 so use the creative half of your brain (top half) to imagine it says day two above what I wrote earlier describing yesterday, but use the other logic side of your brain to know that today is actually day 3 in which case your logic might also think that I should write three sentences today to catch up. But if you did think that then please read the damb rules its called the one sentence a day challenge not the try and do the same sentence for two days and then somehow manage to do three sentances on one day challenge who do you think I am Edith Blyton? (Someone who wrote a lot of books go get a dictionary and look it up)! Anyway ive definitely got the first word finished of the first sentence its a noun which is a good start I think, now just need to throw in some verbs and adjectives ect to go with it and maybe find out what an adverb or proposition is and see if any of them are good too. Hopefully i can finish the rest of the sentence today and post it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I have every confidence in you padraiggg. You can do it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Do you need more money? We can forward you an advance if you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I just like to add to what everyone else has said: great stories that made me laugh out loud. I can't believe that I'd never come across this thread before today, it's the best thing I've read on boards.

Well its taken me all day but I think I've finally cracked it

Day 4: sentance one

Trent entered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Rezident

Who did he enter?

This is my favourite thread on the internet. It's like the literary equivalent of the Stone Roses reforming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Trent. The man. The mystery. The Noun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

I'm delighted but frustrated I found this thread. For the first few pages I laughed so hard I cried, and I followed Trent's every move, but then it switched to the closed blog and everything was lost. Is there anywhere I can see the entire saga?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

padraiggg wrote: »
    Well its taken me all day but I think I've finally cracked it

Day 4: sentance one

Trent entered.

You could trim this down to "Trentered".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

I want to get a t-shirt with 'Trent Entered' on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

elefant wrote: »
    I want to get a t-shirt with 'Trent Entered' on it.

Well in that case, you can. What a time to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Amy Popsicle

I came to boards.ie on the recommendation of a friend.
    She failed to mention this thread? WHY?

I should have been in bed ages ago (early start, im not 12)!

I almost fainted twice from laughing so hard.
    I actually leeked pee! Im not even ashamed. Trent wouldn't.
    My right hand is numb from scrolling.

Best night of my life by far.
    I love Trent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Could mods please make a rule where only padraiggg is allowed post in this thread?

Yours sincerely,
    Everybody else on boards.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Could mods please make a rule where only padraiggg is allowed post in this thread?

Yours sincerely,
    Everybody else on boards.

Kudos on the creative use of irony there. :D

Every writer needs feedback, so Request Denied.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Rezident

Where is Trent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Rezident wrote: »
    Where is Trent?
    Trent exited...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I still chuckle at the thought of Trent giving a dog an awesome suplex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Do you need more money? We can forward you an advance if you like?

We could definitely crowdfund this, on a pay-per-word (one a day) basis. No proper nouns, so Trent is not worth a cent.

If necessary, we could agree a reduced rate on a pay-per-letter (again, one a day) basis. Sequences of letters, terminated by a space (to be provided gratis by the author) must constitute an actual word. No neologisms from Finnegan's Wake, unless in context. Context to be determined at end of sentence, to be indicated by a period followed by two spaces.

Ajopoliez, hav'net red tread.

padraiggg, you the mannn, maaan!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

Padraiggg, you absolute beauty!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Fox Hound wrote: »
    Padraiggg, you absolute beauty!!!

You should be banned for posting in this thread

FFS

conzy wrote: »
    You should be banned for posting in this thread

FFS

Dont be Like that...He will be back!! he is due a comeback

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I've always been against the death penalty but for people other than Padraiggg bumping this thread, I think it's more than justified.

My heart has been broken too many times to expect it to be padraiggg posting

So I have realised that I may have broken a few peoples hearts by commenting on this thread, so to make up for it I have found the archived chapters that can no long be seen on the broken link, Happy reading Trent Lovers, again my apologies

408895.JPG
    408896.JPG
    408897.JPG
    408898.JPG
    408899.JPG
    408900.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

This is an outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Trent sighting on twitter!

https://twitter.com/trenthahaha
    'Aaaah delicacies' said Trent taking the whole tray. 'My favourite food'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Another twitter sighting!

“Your eyes are like tesco carpark’ said the supermodel ‘I could get lost in them....’ but Trent wasn’t listening , a new type of gun had been invented and he was thinking of that. Then he had sex with her. Hahaha thought Trent, and a bit about the new gun still too.

Advertisement