Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

RobFowl wrote: »
    He doesn't need to......

When I’m out and about I’ll be carrying a box of tacks to use to slow you down if I see ya!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

When I’m out and about I’ll be carrying a box of tacks to use to slow you down if I see ya!

You won't see or hear me coming ;)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,102 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Weepsie wrote: »
    Best time to vote for this is between 7.45 and 9.30 tonight. I think RobFowl will be a little distracted.
    Think he'll be back here sore and grumpy around 9 o'clock.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Beasty wrote: »

YNWA and we will see :cool:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,102 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Mods Mods, MODS!!!

He's mocking me and my fractured heel with his "You'll Never Walk Again"....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,192 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

wait, you had an accident?

Best time to vote for this is between 7.45 and 9.30 tonight. I think RobFowl will be a little distracted.

20:20 and RobFowl was quite distracted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

You won't see or hear me coming ;)

No, but he will certainly feel it after you've come.

Can we sticky this post :D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,192 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

so matt stephens is leaving GCN and they've mentioned looking for a replacement for him.
    maybe we should nominate a boardsie and petition GCN to take him or her.

• Advertisement

He's leaving? Maybe Eurosport gave him more time on air? I'd be happy with that he's good on there. Very good actually. Noticed him actually dare to speak over Kirby of late and bring the focus back to the race while Kirby tried to spout some drivel.

As for the other handbags going on here I was expecting to come back here to some bike jousting or something and some portrait youtube videos akin to the ones you'd see Davie Joyce and his ilk post for the Sunday World all bare knuckled and stuff and I have to say I'm shocking disappointed lads :(

yep, he's leaving to concentrate on commentary work.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Going to close the poll this morning.

It's annoying me that I have put The Flamme Rouge in as opposed to La Flamme Rouge

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

It's annoying me that I have put The Flamme Rouge in as opposed to La Flamme Rouge

It has to be La Flamme Rouge ;)

Correcting grammar is a job for moderators ..

It would be wrong not to change ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Nah. Leave it as ‘The’. Just to annoy people :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Flamme rouge.. boring... so euro... meh. People you dissapoint me.

Alek wrote: »
    Flamme rouge.. boring... so euro... meh. People you dissapoint me.

You had the chance to use RobFowls Party bus didn't you ???

You had the chance to use RobFowls Party bus didn't you ???

Looks like only the driver voted for that bus :p

sure i voted for flamme rouge for fear of my pump being immortalised.

• Advertisement

Enfilade wrote: »

I voted for the coffee stop ;)

Can we sticky this post :D:D:D:D:D
    forgot to add:
    "next Wednesday"

Enfilade wrote: »
    T'was me actually....

Mods, maybe it's time to close the poll

• Registered Users Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Mods, maybe it's time to close the poll
    It was close, your 666 votes nearly swayed the outcome...

449196.PNG

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Some meddling in the poll being accounted for, La Flamme Rouge is born!

1891256-39820960-2560-1440.jpg?w=850

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Now the thread title has been set in stone, we can finally return to the usual doping speculations.

un-amour-de-bicyclette.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭Ryath

DbiwvEKW4AA_5VG?format=jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

I was reading a book last year (Simon Critchley's Memory Theatre) and he used the YNWA acronym a few times. Not being particularly sporty, I deduced that it must stand for You 'N' Whose Army, which in hindsight is kind of ironic. The penny dropped a while later.

On the subject of acronyms:
    so matt stephens is leaving GCN and they've mentioned looking for a replacement for him.
    maybe we should nominate a boardsie and petition GCN to take him or her.

Every time I see GCN on the Cycling Forum, I immediately think it stands for Gay Community News, a publication I often see in cafes around town, which carries those three letters prominently on its cover. This makes reading the forum ever so slightly more amusing.

• Advertisement

was similar for me; i'm of a vintage where GCN was relatively well known in dublin.

Advertisement