Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Is that actually a cotraflow bike lane? Haven't been there in years.

Half is, its bidirectional.

ED E wrote: »
    Half is, its bidirectional.

But cars coming towards the camera there only no?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah. Cars come down from the centre of the park and cycles can theoretically go both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I went short sleeves yesterday, for only the second time this year. Currently sporting two sunburned arms. My face is also the same apart from the bits my sunglasses covered. Mad to think we were battling snow a couple of weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I went short sleeves yesterday, for only the second time this year.

Well Summer was good while it lasted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Idleater wrote: »
    Well Summer was good while it lasted.

It's my favourite day of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I went short sleeves yesterday, for only the second time this year. Currently sporting two sunburned arms. My face is also the same apart from the bits my sunglasses covered. Mad to think we were battling snow a couple of weeks ago

Currently sporting white hands, rather red forearms and white shoulders myself too :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Anyone have any suggestions on a winter / adventure type bike? I've been looking for something with hydraulic discs, slightly more relaxed geometry, and alu frame (although I'd consider steal). 28mm tire clearance minimum, ideally with full mudguards.

There's a Canyon Inflite that interests me although I'm looking for something closer to or below the 1000€ mark. Cube Attain is also an option and closer to my price range

With the new Shimano 105, would there be reductions in bikes fitted out with the current disc 105?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,795 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Anyone have any suggestions on a winter / adventure type bike? I've been looking for something with hydraulic discs, slightly more relaxed geometry, and alu frame (although I'd consider steal). 28mm tire clearance minimum, ideally with full mudguards.

There's a Canyon Inflite that interests me although I'm looking for something closer to or below the 1000€ mark. Cube Attain is also an option and closer to my price range

With the new Shimano 105, would there be reductions in bikes fitted out with the current disc 105?

Gravel bike? saw a couple of people on them today and they look pretty cool and versatile.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,538 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

slower start to the year than i'd hoped - i've only just passed the 1000km mark this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

slower start to the year than i'd hoped - i've only just passed the 1000km mark this morning.

Just tipping 3000km myself, haven't been tracking it online as much so the exact figure is not known but it will be a minimum of 3000km at the end of this week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

CramCycle wrote: »
    Just tipping 3000km myself, haven't been tracking it online as much so the exact figure is not known but it will be a minimum of 3000km at the end of this week.

3200k myself , bad weather has slowed me down a bit in absolute km terms but got out off road a bit more.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

1600k with 17,000m elevation. Need to start doing more 100k + spins again - especially with the Orwell just around the corner.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Driving up the M11 yesterday, and I sh1t you not, a Nissan Micra, tipping 120kmph if not a bit over it, overtakes me while watching a video on his phone. I watched as he constantly corrected his driving every 15seconds as he drifted out of lane. Later on, maybe 30minutes later, ended up passing him and my passenger pointed out the same Nissan Micra, apparently it was some live sports, coming upto Kilmacanogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭dahat

1100km, way way behind for 2 reasons, weather and injury.

Should top 2k this weekend. Currently enjoying the new bike lift.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Inching toward 10k here......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭Macy0161

1100km on the road, with another 1000km of turbo km's.

Macy0161 wrote: »
    1100km on the road, with another 1000km of turbo km's.

Turbo KMs don'y count ;)

The time does , the kms don't.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

So have we a new thread title yet?

How about, "it's for their own safety" or "that will learn you"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Or maybe 'Tete de la Course' 'cos it's usually on top of the forum

Seven Worlds will Collide

Or maybe 'Tete de la Course' 'cos it's usually on top of the forum

? The Coffee Stop....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

For anyone still using the old site, this is page number 666. That used to get people giddy towards a thread's final stages

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Ryath

RobFowl wrote: »
    ? The Coffee Stop....

Speaking of Coffee stops

http://www.italymagazine.com/featured-story/milan-sanremo-when-fausto-coppi-stopped-coffee-way-victory
    After passing Varazze, Coppi held an eight-minute lead. People were out in the town piazzas and stood along the sides of the streets cheering him on. The radio commentator couldn’t stop; he was like a hammer talking of the breakaway by the rider. Caffè Piccardo in Piazza Dante held one of the few radios in the village, suddenly a bystander cried out: “He’s here, Coppi is here!”

The radio presenter exclaimed: “Ten minutes now ahead of the group.”

Coppi slowed down and got off his bike. Gingerly placing his bike against a railing, he walked in, ordered an espresso, drank up, paid and left. He went on to win the Milan to Sanremo stage with 14 minutes between him and the group.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,538 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

even allowing for them having their GPS on the dash of the car, this is some KOM time:

https://www.strava.com/segments/13016775

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Weepsie wrote: »
    For anyone still using the old site, this is page number 666. That used to get people giddy towards a thread's final stages

I'm on page 666.
    I didn't know, there was a new site.
    Is it any better?
    How do I get it.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I'm on page 666.
    Is it any better?
    How do I get it.

Do yourself a favour and don't go near the 'un'responsive site. It's a disaster to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I'm on page 666.
    Is it any better?
    How do I get it.
    Click Responsive Site in the page footer. I've never used it for more than a few minutes before switching back.

I'm on page 250 btw...

I'm on page 250 btw...

Likewise...I'm not telling them how either :pac:

• Advertisement

666 for me. Also this seems apt right now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement