Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Death Stranding

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

No, there's a baby in the container whatsit that got into Reedus' stomach that stops invisible oil monsters. But then the baby turns into black muck. Or something.

But what about the baby in his throat?

But what about the baby in his throat?

Is that the same baby? When Reedus looks at it just after he wakes up, the container is now oily black.

Oh I don't know. The whole thing was bonkers.

What might be intriguing is if the game is played in a third person over the shoulder way like Dead Space/mass effect. And if the only way you know if enemies is near is if the whirly light yolk tracks and follows it.

Is that the same baby? When Reedus looks at it just after he wakes up, the container is now oily black.

Oh I don't know. The whole thing was bonkers.

I have no idea. As you say, the thing was bonkers. Beautifully bat$hit bonkers
    What might be intriguing is if the game is played in a third person over the shoulder way like Dead Space/mass effect. And if the only way you know if enemies is near is if the whirly light yolk tracks and follows it.

If the twirly light thing is an integral part of the in game detection system, then yeah, I'd go with 3rd person.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's like a students game design project.

"There's like these invisible guys and you can't breath and then the place floods and there's like dead people and then a whale and when you wake up you have a baby in your belly."

"Yeah.... but how is it going to play?"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,443 ✭✭✭✭klose

No idea what direction or what this game will play out but I'm hyped as fcuk, love a good sci-fi apocalyptic setting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

I reckon its going to be a straight forward action game, run and gun. All the promotional material is coming from the dream/drugged up level(s) which break things up a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,471 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Mads is just cool anyways.
    Normal still looks like an unwashed apocalypse survivor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Taking a picture of yourself and labelling it cool....no ego there at all:P

EoinHef wrote: »
    Taking a picture of yourself and labelling it cool....no ego there at all:P

I doubt Mads himself actually uploads of posts them things. He has someone to run the page for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I doubt Mads himself actually uploads of posts them things. He has someone to run the page for him

Sorry but thats no excuse...

I'd have an ego if I were him. Cool as feck he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I'd have an ego if I were him. Cool as feck he is.

Yup, couldn't agree more. After watching Hannibal series, he is right at the top of the list of being "cool as ****".

It literally says just that: The Official Twitter Account for Danish Actor Mads Mikkelsen [Due to Mads' hectic schedule all the social media accounts are managed by his webteam]

Well that was mental.
    Still not sure what's going on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Well that was mental.
    Still not sure what's going on

I expect to be saying that exact thing after finishing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,635 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

New cutscene clip from the TGS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

What is this game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm bored of it already.

It's been three years of wacky cutscenes and Hollywood cameos and still no sign of a release. Sony must be praying this sells amazingly because to me, at this stage, it looks like the arsiest of vanity projects that is going to bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'm bored of it already.

It's been three years of wacky cutscenes and Hollywood cameos and still no sign of a release. Sony must be praying this sells amazingly because to me, at this stage, it looks like the arsiest of vanity projects that is going to bomb.

I dont know, it does look too crazy to be good, but it kinda reminds me of how games used to be created. Alot of games made back in the early days, the ideas were crazy also but the end products were great.

I have faith in Kojima, him and his teams are consistent at pumping out gems. I'm glad to see a game being made by a man and an idea, whos given total control, as opposed to a bored of members who dont play games and base the creativity of their games around marketing feedback and polls.

At the very least, if its not good, it will be fresh, new and an experience. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Its being made by kojima, for that alone i will buy it. cant recall playing a bad game made by him. Just started mgs5 actually. hoping thats decent

• Registered Users Posts: 33,198 ✭✭✭✭Penn

That's the thing; as crazy and wild and weird as Kojimas stories can get, the gameplay is almost always great. For everything we've seen of this game, we haven't seen any gameplay bar the main character walking for a bit. Until we see proper gameplay, it's too hard to properly judge the game.

But, we need to start seeing gameplay soon at this stage. We've had too many story/character trailers at this point which, as a new franchise, gives us zero to go on bar tone of the game. We need to see gameplay.

Two tweets in (relatively) quick succession... trailer/announcement in a couple of days perhaps?

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1132738174147596289

https://twitter.com/KojiPro2015_EN/status/1132953645119442946

Also, "create the rope". Does stranding refer to the strands in a rope?

Nah, I got nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Also, "create the rope". Does stranding refer to the strands in a rope?

Nah, I got nothing.

From Wikipedia : "According to Kojima, one of the key aspects of the announcement trailer was the idea of a connection between life and death.[4] He explained one of the main themes through a short story by Kōbō Abe; the first tool created by humans was a stick, meant as protection by putting a distance between oneself and "bad things", and that the second was a rope, used to secure things one finds important. Kojima compared the main "tools" in action games – punching, shooting and kicking – to sticks, and that in Death Stranding, he wants people to communicate through the game equivalent of ropes.[4] While the title refers to the phenomenon of cetacean stranding, "strand" is an alternative meaning for shore, and also stands for strings and connections."

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Reveal was in 2016. Time to shít or get off the pot with a release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Pretentious **** of a game director.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Reveal was in 2016. Time to shít or get off the pot with a release date.

Personally, I'm happy to wait it out. I'm curious to see more, to see what he's trying to do, so he can take as much time as he needs to get it right.

Blizzard do the exact same thing, time wise. They'll release when they feel the product is ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

ds_pstore.jpg

Looks like preorders will be available soon as already leaked

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭T. Hanks

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Pretentious **** of a game director.

In a way I agree. He's created some of my favorite games but a small part of me understands why he ran into problems with Konami
    It's bloody embarrassing at this stage that folks still don't have any clue what the game actually is

Looking for pre-orders on complete unknown too fs

• Advertisement

Well, something is happening today - new trailer and/or release date revealed.

Advertisement