Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone drink tequila with a mixer?

Options
  • 14-04-2018 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations?

Had it with something in a tequila bar in Barca. Was nice. So anyone drink it like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,062 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Some people like it as one of the spirits in a Long Island Iced Tea, I actually think that's OTT!

But Tequiila and Tonic has a certain ring to it...
    https://mixthatdrink.com/tequila-and-tonic/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,781 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Tequila and ginger ale is surprisingly good

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Tequila & tonic is a lovely drink, better even than a G&T in my opinion. It would be a fairly common tipple of mine at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

The new(ish) Schweppes 1783 Salty Lemon tonic is supposed to go well with Tequila. But that's according to Schweppes

Adyx wrote: »
    The new(ish) Schweppes 1783 Salty Lemon tonic is supposed to go well with Tequila. But that's according to Schweppes

I was just about to post this.
    I haven't tried it with tequila but it's lovely with gin. I can see it working well with tequila.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I was just about to post this.
    I haven't tried it with tequila but it's lovely with gin. I can see it working well with tequila.
    I'm having a hard enough time convincing people to try it with their gin. I think I'll start leaving out the salty part. :D

Adyx wrote: »
    I'm having a hard enough time convincing people to try it with their gin. I think I'll start leaving out the salty part. :D

And it is actually salty!
    Yumm

Doesn't work with all gins, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Tequila and 7 up , that's what I got in Mexico

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Once upon a time , I worked in a pub where The Pogues drank. Their manager , Frank Murray (An absolute gent who died last year) drank double tequila and grapefruit juice. Had to try it. Worked really well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

We used to drink it with tabasco....don't think that's really considered a mixer though :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Only ever drink it with orange juice,

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

With Diet Coke. Most people think “yuck” but everyone who I pursuaded to taste it said it was delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

Only 'mixer' would be two parts Cointreau and one part lime juice - other than that its neat for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

huskerdu wrote: »
    Once upon a time , I worked in a pub where The Pogues drank. Their manager , Frank Murray (An absolute gent who died last year) drank double tequila and grapefruit juice. Had to try it. Worked really well.

Tequila and grapefruit go really well together. Paloma cocktails are lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 20,040 ✭✭✭✭neris

not a mixer but saw it served in mexico with chilli powder around the top of the glass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

km991148 wrote: »
    Only 'mixer' would be two parts Cointreau and one part lime juice - other than that its neat for me!

Love me a Margarita too
    :cool:

Advertisement