Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not on register anymore - why?

Options
  • 09-04-2018 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

Quick one hopefully. Just checked for myself and other half on the register and we are not present anymore for some reason. Have been in same dwelling since 2012 and have voted in the same sex marriage referendum and the last election. A previous housemate is listed on it still. Have the rfa2 form to get put on again but what would the reason be for us not being on it now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

I have a young adult at home now who needs to register so need to go through that process but also I i was registered to vote at home and I've since moved to another constituency and county, so how do I update/re-register to vote myself?

https://www.checktheregister.ie ..... need to be registered by May 8th it seems

Ideally before the upcoming referendum so I'm guessing this needs to be sooner rather that later.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭shivermetimber

Possibly on the same topic .... I have adults at home now who need to register so need to go through that process but also I am registered to vote at home and I've since moved to another constituency and county, so how do I update/re-register to vote myself?

Ideally before the upcoming referendum so I'm guessing this needs to be sooner rather that later.

Here you go.

Regarding my original query, I rang the council and myself and herself are in fact on the register. The person on the phone said it must be a technical glitch and then went on to mutter something about other people have reported it but it has been noted. Seemed evasive so left it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

Here you go.

Regarding my original query, I rang the council and myself and herself are in fact on the register. The person on the phone said it must be a technical glitch and then went on to mutter something about other people have reported it but it has been noted. Seemed evasive so left it.
    There are 2 versions of the register, each individual has the right to have their name redacted from the one the council publish on the web, from memory the one in the local library is the full version. They will have a full version in their office if you are still unsure call the reception back and ask to be put through to the person who is responsible.

https://www.vote.ie/register/

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭shivermetimber

There are 2 versions of the register, each individual has the right to have their name redacted from the one the council publish on the web, from memory the one in the local library is the full version. They will have a full version in their office if you are still unsure call the reception back and ask to be put through to the person who is responsible.

https://www.vote.ie/register/

Weird, I wonder why the person I spoke to didn't mention that as possibly being the case then :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Weird, I wonder why the person I spoke to didn't mention that as possibly being the case then :confused:

Probably didn't know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement