Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longest active user on boards.ie???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,461 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

First time I logged on with this account was over Esat Nolimits 56k dialup on an IBM aptiva running Windows 98 that I bought for 600 Irish pounds :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

You were bored of playing Doom that day yeah? :p

His mother took his Gameboy with Tetris away

Master of the Universe

You were bored of playing Doom that day yeah? :p

Haha! Was Half Life DM back in those days on the Valve servers before Steam existed.

****ing dialup lag meant you had to lead your shots like a fighter jet would shooting at other planes!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

I've racked up some amount of posts over the years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Feb 98'er here, I think those accounts were the batch imported from original cloud boards in NUIG.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I hope all the long timers have had an infraction or two and may a ban aswell. Nothing better than realising we are under the cosh no matter what.

Are all of you goody two shoes or what?

I've weathered a few storms (on the weather forum ha ha), and thankfully am still here. I'm only a baby in comparison to some though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

I hope all the long timers have had an infraction or two and may a ban aswell. Nothing better than realising we are under the cosh no matter what.

I've weathered a few storms (on the weather forum ha ha), and thankfully am still here. I'm only a baby in comparison to some though!

The people who are here the longest have very few posts per comparison.

The person here since 98 has just over 2500, and thats over the space of twenty years.

Master of the Universe

I haven't had a single ban or infraction.

Nothing to do with being a goody two shoes, Its about being smart with how you insult/rile people up . :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Got boardtised in February 2005, due to become a level seven cult member any day now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,918 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Hecate wrote: »
    Feb 98'er here, I think those accounts were the batch imported from original cloud boards in NUIG.

All hail our current leader.

I'm here 18 whole months. (2007 originally)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

2004 was my original account. The forums I frequented definitely had a different feel to them back then. Like a small town then which has since been subsumed by urban sprawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

He founded boards

Who losted it in the first place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

A couple of the admins are here since 98, never saw a year below that.
    I think that there was one or two users from 1979?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Mother Cloud :confused:

Cirrusly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I got an infraction once, had to go to the doctor for some cream

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I worked in an internet cafe. Remember them?
    I played quake and starcraft. A load of the guys I played with were on boards. It was mainly a forum for Irish gamers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

o1s1n wrote: »
    First time I logged on with this account was over Esat Nolimits 56k dialup on an IBM aptiva running Windows 98 that I bought for 600 Irish pounds :D

Yeah, but to be fair.

You could be from Carlow and that could have been last week.

While all the other village-folk gathered in awe of the magic machine with the lights

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

How the time flies!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Lock-ins in cyber cafes playing counter strike. Those were simpler times.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,405 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

antodeco wrote: »

Where's my plaque?
    Check your teeth!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭cml387

And the scary thing is, those ten years went just like "that" (clicks finger ,winces with arthritic pain,retires hurt).

Since 2002, Never received a ban, and only 3 warnings. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

seamus wrote: »
    User # 1: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=1

Though that account hasn't been used since 2010.

User # 4 However was active 2 months ago; https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=4

is this the first ever post on boards? https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1&postcount=1

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, going through the user IDs, after Cloud and a couple of others, they go into alphabetical order, which suggests that's how they were imported. I doubt any posts from the old boards were brought across though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

I'm here since 2004. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=98

Tom - another founder.

30,000+ posts, but none since 2016 under this handle.

Me, member since 2001 :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

2005 for me. Made the account as a pimple faced Tralee teenager for my ****ty metal band (chupacabra). 13 years of talking shíte

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,306 ✭✭✭jmcc

The days and nights of LPBs and shutting down webservers for a ping slightly lower than 250 mS. :)

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement