Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Classic VRT - just on year, or anniversary month?

Options
  • 11-04-2018 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Guys,

Planning on bringing in an 1988 car to avail of the classic VRT rate, but does anyone know if they just go off the year of the car, or the year and the actual month 1st registered on the title/registration cert?

Rowan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Date first registered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Date first registered, its on the V5 document. For example I put my classic away in storage in the UK until it turned 30. The ferry was booked as its 30th Birthday present.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭sudo911

Date first registered, its on the V5 document. For example I put my classic away in storage in the UK until it turned 30. The ferry was booked as its 30th Birthday present.

Interesting... this is a US import - so actual date of 1st registration is never on the title, just the year of manufacture (its why the Irish cert always shows 1/1/year).

I'll probably register in the UK for the 1st year before importing here.

Advertisement