Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Classic policy on 1994 commercial

Options
  • 11-04-2018 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hi All, just wondering does anyone on here have a classic policy on a 1994 or older commercial 4x4. Hilux surf to be exact. Any recommendations for companies that would insure it.Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 12guage

Try Autoline in Newry. They insure my MGB and was on to them last week about insuring an old 1980's Pajero. They had no prob as long as the vehicle was at least 20 years old. They do however limit your mileage so wouldn't suit if you were running it as your main car. My mileage limit is 1500 miles per annum (which I never even come near) but for 170 Euros full comp it's great value

Autoline Newry
    +44 (0)28 3026 6333

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭alo1587

12guage wrote: »
    Try Autoline in Newry. They insure my MGB and was on to them last week about insuring an old 1980's Pajero. They had no prob as long as the vehicle was at least 20 years old. They do however limit your mileage so wouldn't suit if you were running it as your main car. My mileage limit is 1500 miles per annum (which I never even come near) but for 170 Euros full comp it's great value

Autoline Newry
    +44 (0)28 3026 6333

Thaks for the info 12gauge. Its for my brother, he has a main car anyway so should be ok. Is there any requirement for the vehicle to be registered as private do you know, as its commercially registered at present. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 12guage

I wouldn't think so, there's a lot of Landies out there nearly all commercials and they're insured as classics. A few of the lads in the local vintage club have old vans and such like and again no issues with the classic insurance. To be honest the insurance company are fairly easy going about it, mustn't be a lot of claims I suppose. They do ask if you have another normal car policy and realise that most of these yokes spend their time in sheds around the country with lads like me looking up at the sky to see if I'll take it out or not. :D I do think however that you have to be aged 25 and above to get it. Friend tried it for his teenage daughter thinking it would be a great way to get her on the road but no joy :(

Advertisement