Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halawa complaining about Late Late

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

he should go on dancing with the stars next year

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Kivaro wrote:
    The more he speaks publicly about his holiday trip to Egypt, the more his story does not make sense.

The story never made sense, the b.s. spouted by his sister's on a regular basis made the story even more nonsensical.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 w.b. yokes

Tubridy was abysmally weak on the subjects that mattered, as he was probably instructed to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    The story never made sense, the b.s. spouted by his sister's on a regular basis made the story even more nonsensical.

And just like the crap in Belfast this week, everyone jumped on the bandwagon. Poor egyptian irish guy minding his own business on holiday and got arrested during a political protest. Awwwww.

Play the race card, "poor irishman locked up by the big bad egyptians" now everyone wants to "bring him home"......

****ing gob****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Biggest mistake of his life?
    What an idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,415 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

He came home whinging he wanted privacy, quickly realised people were grand with the idea of him disappearing into obscurity because we were sick hearing about him and next thing he is going on radio with the sisters telling the same old tired story nobody is interested in.

Fast forward a few months and here he is again whinging as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

RTÉ love z list celebs

They’ll probably give him a job on a reality TV show to keep him happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Looks like he was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

mikemac2 wrote: »
    RTlove z list celebs

They’ll probably give him a job on a reality TV show to keep him happy.
    Bressie and Abraham coach a homeless camogie team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    So attending a protest in Egypt wasn't?

Now, now. He didn't attend a protest. He was on holiday in Egypt and he happened to stumble upon a protest and the shortest route away from that protest was via the stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Kivaro wrote: »
    Oh dear.
    Didn't take long for the racist accusations to appear here just because the Halawa topic was brought up again. Trying to shut down a conversation by claiming racism doesn't work anymore.

Took longer than I expected for the "nothing's ever racist" brigade to interject. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Bitter internet people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,677 ✭✭✭flutered

RayCon wrote: »
    I feel the exact same way anytime I've been unfortunate enough to watch the Late Late
    i avoid it like the plague it is

• Registered Users Posts: 28,766 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

His story didn't add up given the known facts, he did himself no favours going on the LL (or indeed the radio interview he did in Cork with his sister which was arguably more damaging for him), and it would seem that there isn't as much support for him in the real world as he might have expected - ie: easy money from his tale and media publicity for him now that he's back.

Best thing he could do is get on with his life and give up trying to be a "celebrity" or "influencer" or whatever he's at.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

“There were times after where I would wish I could go back to my prison cell,” said the 22-year-old.

Don't we all

no . just a few posters on boards only. as far as the rest of us are concerned, he was acquited, released, job done.
    quintana76 wrote: »
    You can't blame him in a way. The media disgraced themselves in their approach by treating the public like fools by distorting the truth on the issue. They had their own agenda but most of the public were somewhat cynical despite the constant barrage of one-sided, unquestioning coverage of the issue.

the media simply reported the information given. they are guilty of nothing from what i can see.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Christ.. I've been giving out about 'The Late Late show" for years..

Oh dear did I say Christ...crucify me

Did I say say crucify....

I'm outta here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

the media simply reported the information given. they are guilty of nothing from what i can see.

Nothing about the b.s. his sister's repeated to any media that were willing to listen too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

no . just a few posters on boards only. as far as the rest of us are concerned, he was acquited, released, job done.

Well he said himself that he would rather be back in a cell, fecking let him go I say. He's a muppet that has lied about being starved, tortured, and shot in the hand that was so bad he nearly lost the use of. Yet somehow he was put in a cell with someone, by a miracle somehow cured him with whatever was lying around.

For someone that was starved he came out fat.
    How does that happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Yeah, but he wasn't found innocent, was he. So therefore he must be guilty. Cant be having one rule for one foreign court case and a different rule for another.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Well great. Let anyone here try being a normal, well balanced person after what this young man endured in years of prison waiitng for trial

• Advertisement

I don't think anyone cares about his trial, it's the horsesh*t story about coming out of the cinema and accidentally getting up on stage at a protest that people aren't buying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The part that just really baffled me in terms of consistency was his arrival home, having gained what looked like several stone in weight.

Not being funny - just genuinely unsure how that can be explained, if indeed it was even broached, when one claims they suffered incessant torture, starvation, deprivation, etc.

The part that just really baffled me in terms of consistency was his arrival home, having gained what looked like several stone in weight.

Not being funny - just genuinely unsure how that can be explained, if indeed it was even broached, when one claims they suffered incessant torture, starvation, deprivation, etc.

https://munchies.vice.com/en_us/article/d75kyk/how-to-eat-in-an-egyptian-prison

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,073 ✭✭✭✭beertons

He'd be better off saying nothing. Keep the head down and work away. Nobody like attention seekers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Maybe they fed him a load of carbs and he didn't get much exercise?

He does look pretty healthy there alright. In the old days when you were captured and held, say in the Lebanon, you came home like a skeleton, if you were lucky enough to get out. Do you remember Brian Keenan when he was released? He was as frail as a bird and had aged 20 years. Halawa doesn't look like he suffered anything but boredom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

kneemos wrote: »
    Looks like he was right.

Yep I think so.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Shouldn't have decided to talk publically on national television if he wasn't comfortable talking about his experiences. Nobody forced him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭badtoro

Who cares, he wasn't interesting as yesterdays news and is 100% irrelevant today.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,068 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

What a Gob ****e

• Advertisement

What an absolute attention whore.

Little bollix should be getting on with life instead of continuing to look for drama and attention.

Dickhead.

Advertisement