Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunmore Rd bus services

Options
  • 28-03-2018 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

What's the story with this crowd? Shoddy buses, no punctuality and they're not part of the LEAP card system. Evening services stopped a good while ago and no sign of them re-appearing.

I thought the 'contract' for the Waterford City bus network was awarded to Bus Eireann via some weird privatisation bidding process last year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gillman1998

As far as I know Bus Eireann got the contracts for the local buses, 601 to 605. The Dunmore bus was/is run by Suirway and I don't think that was up for grabs. They are fairly old buses if I recall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

Sorry, I meant the local bus that goes between Ballygunner and Ferrybank via the Quay. The Suirway crowd go out to Passage and Dunmore and don't pick you up if you're waiting along the Dunmore Road going into town.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eiresandra

Dunmore Road services are Kenneallys which are owned by JJ Kavanaghs. Yeah - pretty poor service. The clincher for me was when they didn't run any buses on Christmas Eve. A normal work day for so many people and lots of others trying to get to buses and train stations. I'd love to see some competition on the route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

Thankfully I don't use the 'service' very often; but when I do it's appalling. Who's in charge so we can make sure their licence isn't renewed. And perhaps get evening running back along with an additional Sunday service.

Advertisement