Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snow shovels

Options
  • 25-03-2018 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭

Mods...unsure if general chat is allowed, do apologies in advance.

Now that we all own snow shovels,I thought I'd let you know that they are great for clearing leaves.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

On the general topic, I was stunned during the first wave of the beast to see how many people spontaneously posessed snow shovels.

None of yer' cheap crap either. Proper wide-blade snow shovels. The 2 houses to our left, 1 to our right and 1 opposite all had them.

I meanwhile bought 20kg of rock salt, snow socks, a family pack of cuppa soup and 3 litres of milk - but the shovel was the thing that would have actually been used. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

I made my own snow shovel. In 2010.

Approx 30x50cm sheet of plywood and medium thickness tree stake.

No, I don't really think they're great for leaves. I prefer rake and yard brush instead. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Grain shovels is what they are normally called. Most farmers would have them.

Advertisement