Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Virtual Reality General Discussion / Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭Doge

Anyone fancy a game of Payday 2 in VR at some stage?

Didn't even realise it was in my steam library until I checked the price! Thank you whatever bundle site!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Doge wrote: »
    Anyone have some favourite YouTubers they watch playing VR.

I find the PSVR guys the most fun.

PSVR Without Parole is my favourite for general VR discussion and reviews (I use his reviews to judge if I should buy Oculus games as well)

Seraphim190 is my favourite for let's plays as the guy is insanely funny because he's just crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Anyone fancy a game of Payday 2 in VR at some stage?

I'd be up for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

I'd be up for it
    I have it too, thought it was a separate game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

so Skyrim VR edition is coming out for PC in april
    https://www.roadtovr.com/skyrim-vr-steamvr-pc-release-date-support-vive-rift-windows-vr/
    and the good news is that it supports Rift out of the box .
    The bad news is that it costs 60 nuka cola cap.. sorry wrong game
    60 euro
    regardless of the fact that you probably own it for 3 other systems already and the special edition AND all the DLC :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's worth every cent.

Dr Bob wrote: »
    regardless of the fact that you probably own it for 3 other systems already and the special edition AND all the DLC :(

It's not even remotely similar to the previous iterations.

Regardless how many times you've played it before this is a completely new game/experience. Well worth purchase price.

Wonder how much I can get for my PSVR retail.

I like idea you can mod this version.

It's worth finishing first. Nearly done with the Dragonborn DLC now, just that prick at the excavation site I keep giving money too. I hope my investment is worth it.

It's worth finishing first. Nearly done with the Dragonborn DLC now, just that prick at the excavation site I keep giving money too. I hope my investment is worth it.

Ah I got 12 hours in and then got sidetracked on other games. Need to get back to it but want to play RE7 first (still only played that for about 20 mins!)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

https://www.roadtovr.com/skyrim-vr-steamvr-pc-release-date-support-vive-rift-windows-vr/
    and the good news is that it supports Rift out of the box .
    The bad news is that it costs 60 nuka cola cap.. sorry wrong game
    60 euro

I was never a big fallout fan but tbh I tried getting into fallout VR but 4 hours of play and I just found it to be ****e, as much as I like Skyrim I'm not getting excited about this.

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »
    I was never a big fallout fan but tbh I tried getting into fallout VR but 4 hours of play and I just found it to be ****e, as much as I like Skyrim I'm not getting excited about this.

Many people had issues with Fallout VR from what I can tell.

Skyrim VR is pretty faultless. If it can work so well using clunky Move controllers on an OG PS4, it should be amazing on PCVR.

I hope we get Fallout for PSVR

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Anyone buy Moss on the PS4 yet?

mrcheez wrote: »
    It's not even remotely similar to the previous iterations.

Regardless how many times you've played it before this is a completely new game/experience. Well worth purchase price.

Wonder how much I can get for my PSVR retail.

I like idea you can mod this version.
    Im.a pretty big Elder Scrolls fan so Ive played skyrim a ridiculous amount and played it with vorpx on pc so I'll be curious to see how different it is from that. Despite the game engine being similar the combat in fallout is very different so not sure how it'll compare to FO4vr.
    (also as someone who played a stealthy archer in skyrim im in for a damn workout!)

oh yeah ...remember that "wrath of loki" hidden item puzzle game that cropped up in the indiegala bundle last month? Well a Thor's Hammer SteamVr prop unlocks in your steam inventory for playing it (after an hour or so ).
    It's currently the highest priced steamVR item in the steam market at the moment. Cheapest one is tenner ..dearest was around 40 quid. (I sold mine on for a fiver last week).
    Bearing in mind the game sells for 2.99 it’s bizarre...

Im.a pretty big Elder Scrolls fan so Ive played skyrim a ridiculous amount and played it with vorpx on pc so I'll be curious to see how different it is from that. Despite the game engine being similar the combat in fallout is very different so not sure how it'll compare to FO4vr.
    (also as someone who played a stealthy archer in skyrim im in for a damn workout!)

I was there at the beginning with VorpX and the other one (can't remember), it's night and day. The difference is outstanding. Fair play to VorpX for trying, but it failed miserably compared to this version.

There's nothing like it, especially if you are a big ES fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

The massive difference (and why it supports Oculus) is controller support. There is a cohort of people, including me, that want VR without Wii style motion controls.

Roll on FalloutVR controller support. (And hopefully therefore KB & Mouse.)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Actually really excited for Skyrim as I never played it in it's non-vr form for more than an hour or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Actually really excited for Skyrim as I never played it in it's non-vr form for more than an hour or so.

Skyrim VR will hopefully be better than Fallout 4 VR

V-Racer Hoverbike is coming to the Vive and Rift in April and looks promising.

Like a wipeout style racer except on bikes.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/668430/VRacer_Hoverbike/

• Advertisement

That could work quite well if you need to lean your head into sharp turns etc

Best VR video yet! :D
    Have no idea how I didn't see this before!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

V-Racer Hoverbike is coming to the Vive and Rift in April and looks promising.

Like a wipeout style racer except on bikes.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/668430/VRacer_Hoverbike/

Makes we wish the VR patch for Wipeout Omega Collection would hurry the hell up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Oculus anniversary sale expected March 28th, hopefully a few good bargains to spend that 13euro on

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Makes we wish the VR patch for Wipeout Omega Collection would hurry the hell up!

It's coming really soon apparently. Maybe this week.

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Oculus anniversary sale expected March 28th, hopefully a few good bargains to spend that 13euro on

I got In Death for €14.99 with my free €13 ... absolutely killer game. Bow mechanics are outstanding.

Pick it up if it drops again.

The first three "ready player one" tie in games are up.
    https://www.roadtovr.com/htc-releases-ready-player-one-oasis-beta/
    Its a vive exclusive at the moment (via viveport) but they're free so theres that.
    I was pretty excited about the Gauntlet one ,as the original arcade game is one of my favourites ever (and I've played nearly every sequel since)
    and its..not bad , at least on first try .(It's probably more Archery/Dungeon simulator than Gauntlet (I mean there's no thor,thyria or merlin option, and no multiplayer, and a lot less corridors than I'd like).
    Going to do a a proper review on this in a day or so (when I get a chance!)

It's coming really soon apparently. Maybe this week.

I've got this weeks lotto numbers too.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

And it's out today!

It's down to 20 euro in GameStop and smyths new where as it's 25 euro in cex!

Without parole did a livestream of it this morning said it was awesome.

• Advertisement

Had two races, I can confirm it's brilliance.

Advertisement