Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bridge (Bron) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

MB Lacey wrote: »
    So frustrated utv isn't showing Marcella. Any ideas how I can watch it on itv, tried on my phone but it wouldn't let me. We have Virgin media

And quite annoying that Netflix is showing it everywhere else in the world apart from UK/Ireland after it airs on ITV. I understand why - but its still a drag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

Yes I'm sure there will be a way to watch it online.
    In the meantime the Bridge exhibition I mentioned is running til September 2016.
    Easiest way to do it is book flight to Copenhagen, train or bus over the Actual Bridge!! (Bus is better, train goes under the Bridge so you don't really get the full effect - but also be aware when planning buses don't run on Sundays). It's an easy 10min walk from Malmo's central station to Malmo museum. Once you're in the museum, it's only a small exhibition, but seeing the Porche, clothing and props (hidden in behind a wall) is pretty cool.
    Also fitted in a Nordic Noir tv tour in Copenhagen which took us round some of the locations used in the Bridge and the Killing.
    The Nordic Noir company also doing full on Bridge tours in Malmo now, but it's quite pricey.
    Some pics attached from exhibition (especially for pickarooney).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'd say there's some bang off those leather trousers. She wears them all day every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭brian_t

Swedish broadcaster SVT confirms that there will be a season 4.

http://www.svt.se/bron/det-blir-en-ny-sasong-av-bron-det-kanns-valdigt-lovande
    Season four is scheduled to be broadcast during 2018 and is divided into eight sections.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Production of s4 starts in November. Source

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Can someone point me in the direction of where to watch season 3? In English!

Stovepipe wrote: »
    Can someone point me in the direction of where to watch season 3? In English!

Borrow the DVD from your local Library.
    If they don't have a copy they will get you a copy from a library that does.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Any other ideas on where to get Season 3? Watched S1 & 2 on Netflix over the last few weeks and think it's one of the finest shows of the last couple of years!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Any other ideas on where to get Season 3?

Liberry

Something to whet the appetite .

the_bridge_4.jpg
    "I think we’ve come up with possibly the most disturbing opening scene ever."
    Hans Rosenfeldt - writer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I'm currently rewatching Star Trek: The Next Generation but took a break this weekend to finally watch the first series of The Bridge. Really enjoyed it. Great drama, excellent acting and the occasional sprinkle of humour.

Anyway, Saga reminded me a lot of Data especially her struggle to understand some aspects of human behavior.

Season 4 has 8 episodes (not the usual 10) and will premiere for Swedish and Danish viewers on New Years Day 2018.

Come on BBC4.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Teaser trailer for the last season

Can't find an English version on YouTube. They have English subtitles on their Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/BronBroen/

Announced by BBC that the last series will be shown on BBC2 and not BBC4. No date yet when.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2017/the-bridge

EDIT:
    Another trailer - can only find it on their Facebook page re Henrik and his 2 missing children. Looks like they will include this story line again for the last series.

https://www.facebook.com/BronBroen/videos/1622813097782892/

Some information on the last season.

http://www.nordiskfilmogtvfond.com/news/stories/the-bridge-finale-prepares-for-scandi-launch

Season four of the iconic series will premiere January 1st - simultaneously on DR, SVT, YLE, NRK. Johannes Bah Kuhnke and Thomas Gabrielsson are new cast members.

Bah Kunhke (Force Majeure, Black Widows) and Gabrielsson (The Last Kingdom, A Royal Affair) have joined newly cast Mikael Birkkjær (Borgen), while Sofie Helin and Thure Lindhardt reprise their roles as Saga Norén and Henrik Sabroe. Other familiar actors from previous seasons include Sarah Boberg, Rafael Pettersson and Marial Kulle.

The overarching theme of the closing season of the Swedish/Danish crime series The Bridge (Bron/Broen) is identity. According to the official log-line, the plots raise practical problems linked to false passports and ID, but in examining their own identities and those of the offenders and victims they encounter, the main characters invite viewers to ask similar existential questions.

Head-writers Hans Rosenfeldt and Camilla Ahlgren said they felt that there was one last thrilling story to tell about Saga Norén and Henrik Sabroe. “Set two years on from last series, Saga is coming to terms with the dire consequences of being accused of her mother’s murder, when a macabre crime seemingly linked to migration takes place. Meanwhile, Henrik continues his desperate search for his children."

The stellar creative team also comprises writers Nikolaj Scherfig, Veronica Zacco and Torleif Hoppe, concept director Henrik Georgsson, director Rumle Hammerich and cinematographers Carl Sundberg and Lars Reinholdt.

Sweden’s Filmlance International is producing with Denmark’s Nimbus Film. Co-production partners/distributors Lumiere in Benelux will launch the show in January and Germany’s ZDF in the spring 2018.

Meanwhile BBC has just announced that the series, that was BBC Four’s highest ever rating drama with over 1 million viewers in 2015, has been moved up to its mainstream channel BBC Two, for a premiere in 2018. Patrick Holland, Channel Controller of BBC Two said ‘The Bridge has helped redefine television drama in recent years and it is fitting that its final series will be showcased on BBC Two.”

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I might do the subtitles for this if the BBC release isn't early 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭NinetyForNone

2 Episodes in.. anyone watching?
    It has started off at a fairly frenetic pace anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

What channel is it on or are there subs available?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

2 Episodes in.. anyone watching?
    It has started off at a fairly frenetic pace anyway.

Where are you watching it? Didn’t see it advertised on BBC yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

totally forgot it was back - can't seem to get it anywhere........if you could let us know where you're watching it............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

Not scheduled on BBC, all I could find is the announcement for 2.

However, reviews in English of the first couple of episodes on Swedish and Danish channels, no spoilers.

Assume OP is watching Scandinavian channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,946 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I'd always search for sno when I went looking for foreign language BBC series. With so many streaming apps out there these days I'm out of practice looking at torrent sites so I'll just wait for it to appear on BBC 2 (still think it should be kept on BBC 4 myself)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

BarryM wrote: »
    Not scheduled on BBC, all I could find is the announcement for 2.

However, reviews in English of the first couple of episodes on Swedish and Danish channels, no spoilers.

Assume OP is watching Scandinavian channels.

It is available with subs alright. Not hardcoded subs but an extra srt file which plex or VLC can handle easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Ludo wrote: »
    It is available with subs alright. Not hardcoded subs but an extra srt file which plex or VLC can handle easily.
    The version I got had a DR1 logo (Danish channel). Since the show has a mixture of Danish and Swedish dialogue the Danish channel includes hard-coded subtitles for the Swedish dialogue.

Which unfortunately makes English subtitles quite difficult to read as they are super-imposed on the Swedish ones. :( I think I'll wait until the BBC start showing it.

Not much information really but it might gives us an idea when BBC2 might decide to show it. I'm guessing sometime after April 17...

https://twitter.com/scanoircouk/status/967691126047158272

DeepBlue wrote: »
    The version I got had a DR1 logo (Danish channel). Since the show has a mixture of Danish and Swedish dialogue the Danish channel includes hard-coded subtitles for the Swedish dialogue.

Which unfortunately makes English subtitles quite difficult to read as they are super-imposed on the Swedish ones. :( I think I'll wait until the BBC start showing it.

easy to find versions without that issue.

it's a decent finish overall.

some of the names and connections made got a bit confusing about 2/3 of the way through as there seemed to be even more characters than usual this time.

worth a watch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Marje wrote: »
    Not much information really but it might gives us an idea when BBC2 might decide to show it. I'm guessing sometime after April 17...

https://twitter.com/scanoircouk/status/967691126047158272

May, though not known when just yet.

https://twitter.com/scanoircouk/status/976472349469036544

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

glasso wrote: »
    it's a decent finish overall.

some of the names and connections made got a bit confusing about 2/3 of the way through as there seemed to be even more characters than usual this time.

worth a watch.

Yes it was very enjoyable but it was at times confusing for the reasons you mentioned.

Going to really miss it if it was indeed the final season.

• Advertisement

seems to be pretty sure that it's the last season.
    the saga actress is sick of doing the part I read.
    even though it was good probably has run it's course really - the formula is always the same.

Advertisement