Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th year study log: 2017/18

Options
  • 16-09-2017 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I'm absolutely atrocious at sticking to study plans so hopefully this thread will work lol

subjects:
    english - HL
    maths - HL
    irish - OL
    german - HL
    economics - HL
    accounting - HL
    business - HL
    &music outside school - HL

i will include homework & study just to track what i've done! leaving cert 2019 here i come ahaha no idea what course i want but sure let's try this anyway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 leaving14cert

September 15
    Maths: simplifying fractions questions
    Accounting: production budget

September 16
    English: Notes on the wilde swans at coole & september 1913
    German: 3 pages on family for oral
    Irish: wrote notes about padraig macsuibhne

Think i'm just going to log study as noting homework will take too much time

This week i only really did homework as its early in the year and we haven't much done

maths: wrote up notes on all algebra so far
    english: notes on easter 1916
    irish: in the middle of writing up notes on hurlamaboc

8th October

Irish: finished writing notes on hurlamaboc
    Maths: notes on what we've done so far on algebra II
    Economics: studied demand
    Accounting: practiced 2015 cash budget q9
    English: Yeats notes

It's been ages since I've last posted!! Once again I've really just been keeping on top of homework and essays, along with cramming study the week before my christmas tests started. Really happy with what I've gotten back so far, but I'll post my results when I get the rest back! :)

Planning to write notes on inequalities/modulus this weekend, also maybe an Gnathrud if I have the time.

I've been having a look at college courses/points requirements over the last few weeks, boy have I got to cop myself on & do a bit of work!!

This evening I did a club account & practiced a few trigonometry questions. Hoping to do more over Easter...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Maths: Revised algebra I, II, III, the line, real numbers & logs/indices in week 1. Didn't think I'd even get through one chapter so i'm going grand :D

Hoping to get comparative notes done today for English.

So summer tests started last week and I'm finished on the 1st of June. I've been doing a lot of cramming over the last week, I hope it's all going in :o

I've had Irish and Business so far - don't really care what I get in Irish and I didn't study, but I'm nervous about my business result as the long questions were quite tricky.

Don't have a Music summer test as I do it outside school and the teacher decided to let us off, so that's one less thing to worry about!

Today I practiced a lot of probability and trig maths problems, and a Q1 accounting exam question. Went over a few Macbeth key scenes for my English exam Monday, but we haven't even finished it so I haven't a clue what to study :pac:

So it’s been a while since my last update. My summer tests went really well! I ended up with 601 points in total - all h1s and h2s in business and maths. Got an o4 in Irish, but really all I want is an O6. Again I had no Music summer test, but I’m hoping for a h1 in the real exam.

Here’s a list of grades I would want:

Maths: H2/3
    German: H1/2
    Music: H1
    Econ: H1
    Acc: H1
    Bus: H1/2
    Eng: H3
    Irish: O6

Range: 578-613

My course requires 590 points so really I need the highest grades I can get. I’m doing music outside school so that I don’t have to count ordinary Irish. I think with a lot of study I could manage a H1 in all of my chosen subjects. Maths I’m looking for a H2 - my first choice course requires a H4 but my second choice requires a H2. My German result could be anywhere from a H1 to a H3 - I’m good at the written paper, but my oral always seems to bring me down a grade. I’m not bad at English either, it’s just there is SO much to learn off and so little time to write, I don’t think I will be counting it for points unless German goes badly. I really don’t think I will get that high - I would be happy with 578, even though my second choice is around 570/80. I’ll most definitely look back on this next August laughing at my naivety!!! But who knows.

After all that, I haven’t even done any study for the last 2/3 weeks of school, it’s taken a while to settle back into it. I’m very busy with other activities for the next 2/3 weeks, so hopefully by mid october I should be able to start the real study. Our school has Christmas tests the 1st and 2nd week of December, and then our Mocks are after mid term break in February. Wish they were before midterm so I have time to rest up... but no :P
    Also, yes I am doing my LC in 2019, no idea how to change the thread title! :)

Advertisement