Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wrestlemania 35

• 17-03-2018 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭

I've decided that next year is going to be the year I finally go to wrestlemania. I have wanted to go for 20+ years so myself and the wife will be trying to go over for the weekend, probably Thursday to Tuesday. Hopefully get to the HOF and Raw aswell.

What sites have people used in the past for tickets etc? Is it better to go for a package deal through an operator or organise all the tickets myself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭fitzparker

This is my plan also, top of the bucket list date and location landed perfect for our honeymoon.

Tuesday - Friday night Las Vegas
    Saturday - Wednesday New York.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

fitzparker wrote: »
    This is my plan also, top of the bucket list date and location landed perfect for our honeymoon.

Tuesday - Friday night Las Vegas
    Saturday - Wednesday New York.

Have you been to Vegas before?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jfhackett

I'm hoping to make it to this one depends on pricing and my saving lol

Loughc wrote: »
    Have you been to Vegas before?

yeah 3 times, its the only american city iv been too. would stay longer but she wants to see New york :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

yeah 3 times, its the only american city iv been too. would stay longer but she wants to see New york :rolleyes::rolleyes:

My advice to you is Fly out before Saturday for NYC, weekend flights are way more expensive and there would be much more to do and see in NYC so take it all in before Mania.

• Advertisement

cheers, plan on doing 4 nights in both... possibly do Thursday night - Sunday in New York.. will look into it closer to the time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

How are people planning on doing this? A package deal through a site or operator? Or is it better to book everything myself?

How are people planning on doing this? A package deal through a site or operator? Or is it better to book everything myself?

I’d price both to be honest. You should be able to get it cheaper booking yourself but it’d be easier doing a package thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,754 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

yeah strongly considering doing this but I don't see myself being able to afford the whole deal

thinking of just doing mania itself and have a day exploring new york.

how much roughly would it cost to say fly over Friday and fly back Monday, get a decent mania ticket (in the tiered seats) and reasonable hotel ??. is it best to fly over Thursday ??

spending money has be consider too

My plan is to just do mania and explore the city the rest of my time there, it's our first time in New york so want to experience that aswell. My plan is to set a max price I want to pay for tickets and just take the first 2 I can get doesn't bother me if we are the last row, anyone not in first 50 rows will be watching the same screen anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

My plan is to just do mania and explore the city the rest of my time there, it's our first time in New york so want to experience that aswell. My plan is to set a max price I want to pay for tickets and just take the first 2 I can get doesn't bother me if we are the last row, anyone not in first 50 rows will be watching the same screen anyway

That's what I'm thinking too, in is in when it comes to tickets, I won't be getting fleeced on prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,754 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

same but I'll be going solo (but exciting and scary)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jpers

Planning on a first WrestleMania trip also, solo. Hoping to do the full weekend of events if I'm going that far. WWE Package prices are mad so will hopefully get tickets for each event as they go on presale. Been to NYC a good few times so not having to do too much tourist stuff, just catch up with friends there around the shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DonMuraco

I've been to 20/21/22 and 30...the prices of packages have increased massively over the years..in 2014, myself and 3 friends did the silver package...I priced it for this year aswell, and it had nxt added to the package at an additional €800 a person...

Is there a usual time tickets go on sale? I presume you just get them through ticketmaster

Booked my hotel for mania Saturday 6th -10th April (then onto vegas for 3 nights)

I booked the ROW NYC its right on times square, if anyone is thinking of it use promo code WMSNAP, it removes the resort fees ($30 per night)

Will be booking flights next month hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Is there a usual time tickets go on sale? I presume you just get them through ticketmaster
    Usually November time, via Ticketmaster yes
    http://travel2mania.com/PreviousPackageOnSaleDates.html

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Ok so me and a friend have decided that were gonna go to mania in New York - beyond excited and buzzing for it.

Was looking at the packages on WWE and they are massively expensive and have to be paid up front..... we were looking to do 3 nights - Sat, Sun & Mon.

Just wondering if anyone has experience in arranging everything yourself..... flights and hotels are booked and we are stayin around the penn station area to be along the metro and train lines which is handy for Metlife and Barclays! What is it like to get tickets for nxt and raw on ticketmaster? is it impossible? i know that mania doesnt sell out that quick but we will be booking those tickets day of release!

Any advise would be awesome and thanks in advance

Any advise would be awesome and thanks in advance

This will be my 16th year doing packages so sorry I have no ticker information.

However there is a good resource here telling you the differences http://www.travel2mania.com/travelpackagesvstickets and there is an excel calculator here http://www.travel2mania.com/wrestlemaniatripcalculator

Delighted... got 2 tickets for mania on presale... roll on april!

Hope anyone that was looking got everything they wanted

• Advertisement

This thread is very quiet the last few years, guess only a handful of Irish will be going

the subreddit on reddit for wrestlemania plans seems to have more active irish users than here

the subreddit on reddit for wrestlemania plans seems to have more active irish users than here

Seen that, I usually post there for Travel2mania

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Got tickets for section 5 row HH so just at the entrance ramp facing the hard camera. Fees were ridiculous as usual. Like, $80 per ticket. Got booted out of ticketmaster a load of times and it kept telling me I had to change my password, which I would do and then it would say to change it again. Lost a few seats to that mess but happy with the ones I ended up with. Hard to tell with those big collumns in the way what the view would be like from certain sections...,

c yea there bud

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 kevin55

This Wrestlemania is going to be good, You have made a good decision of going this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

fingers crossed... my first one was 27. a stinker.

fingers crossed... my first one was 27. a stinker.
    Totes disagree, Been going to WM since 20 and only saw the Rock at 20, so for me this one was huge, needless to say I made sure to get the highest package for 28, 2nd row baby

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

So who else is going.less than 5 weeks until I take off from cork woo cannot wait. 3rd mania in a row and 4th overall(mania 26th was my first)

• Advertisement

5 weeks tomorrow for me - hitting up wrestlecon and G1 on sat - mania all day sunday, axxess and raw on monday

CANNOT WAIT! First time at mania

Advertisement