Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 16th March - May The Misery Be With You

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

More classik Irish tunez !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I don't mean to be rude, but that Hardy Bucks thing sickens my fuckin' hole, so it does. Genuinely hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,015 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The Bucks are back :D

Series 2 Episode 2, I've watched it about 10 times, it's gold...
    https://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/hardy-bucks-1949/10784726/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Tubridy condecending

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Evening all. Can we make jokes about this segment?
    doylefe wrote: »
    Tubridy condecending

Yep, they would collapse without water!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

lufties wrote: »
    It's not exactly going against the establishment is it? A bit longer like the insufferable bastards at the Oscars pontificating. So edgy and brave.

It's more than just empty rhetoric with him. He's done a fair bit with humanitarian agencies, visiting Jordan and Uganda to promote their work. You might disagree with him, but he's sincere.

What has he done on the streets of Dublin, or Limerick? His demeanor came across as pontificating and holier than thou. I've seen extreme poverty in India, Philippines and Nepal, but I do what I can while I'm there. Of course he played on the famine thing. There seems to be a very sanctimonious, puritan streak in Irish people. We tend to try to 'out virtue' each other, and condemning those who don't follow the script.

Of course he played on the famine thing. There seems to be a very sanctimonious, puritan streak in Irish people. We tend to try to 'out virtue' each other, and condemning those who don't follow the script.

First thing I heard when I switched on. Getting sick of wealth prats milking 'de famine' and playing the oul poverty card. Be interesting to see where he is staying tonight. Probably a penthouse apartment in one of the D4 hotels.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

• Registered Users Posts: 72,425 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

So...

Who'll be here for 'The Ray D'Arcy Show' tomorrow night?

CIubsq7.gif

Marvellous.

Now I have the sound of Richie Kavanagh on a loop in my head.

YOU MONSTER!

Richie says ... Relax !!

• Advertisement

I was just about to insert a tumble weed gif but got bored trying to find one

So...

Who'll be here for 'The Ray D'Arcy Show' tomorrow?

Even Ray doesn't know yet. He's currently scraping the barrel to see what he gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Jerry Springer will be with Ray tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

Who???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

What has he done on the streets of Dublin, or Limerick? His demeanor came across as pontificating and holier than thou. I've seen extreme poverty in India, Philippines and Nepal, but I do what I can while I'm there. Of course he played on the famine thing. There seems to be a very sanctimonious, puritan streak in Irish people. We tend to try to 'out virtue' each other, and condemning those who don't follow the script.

Urgh. I disagree. I really don't like this recent (predominantly right-wing) trend of sneering at the notion of 'virtue' as though it's a bad thing.

Berserker wrote: »
    Of course he played on the famine thing. There seems to be a very sanctimonious, puritan streak in Irish people. We tend to try to 'out virtue' each other, and condemning those who don't follow the script.

First thing I heard when I switched on. Getting sick of wealth prats milking 'de famine' and playing the oul poverty card. Be interesting to see where he is staying tonight. Probably a penthouse apartment in one of the D4 hotels.

Spot on. Its ****ing nauseating. Most of struggle to keep a roof over our head. I actually live in England, and this country has given me so much more than Ireland has in recent years.

Started off in RTE. Hmm, who is she related to in RTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Does this one know the ways of the force?

NO!

Get on with it, Ryan!

Holy shít. The 'house band' are brutal.

Or at least the singer is.

Glamour shlamour,

I'd rather hear more about her reading the news overnight on 2FM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

The United States of Amerikayyyyy :eek:

[No idea what this is about - just turned on randomly while hiding behind my fingers, like I do for horror films :P]

Oh god, Trump alert!!! Tubs is getting ready to fire.

M

I'd be playing with my lightsaber if I was stuck in the green room now.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Get on with it, Ryan!

He does seem impatient and is plowing through the segments.

M

More Trump bashing, they just can't let it go.

Urgh. I disagree. I really don't like this recent (predominantly right-wing) trend of sneering at the notion of 'virtue' as though it's a bad thing.

We'll have to agree to disagree. This stuff gives a mediocre actor like Liam Cunningham a bit of oomph amongst his circles. A bit like Bressie with the mental health stuff. Think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I love it when people call their own work iconic.

Makes me really warm to them.

Trump related cheap laughs...check..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I don't why people care about people getting big jobs in America, like its some sort of great country

Advertisement